• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

List the items of clothing you constantly use yet had for the longest?

kookydooky

Reaction score
I wonder what most of you guys still never let go of while the rest of your style may change over time.

Mine would be a leather coin wallet that I received from my grandpa on my first day of elementary school many years ago

Also old colored briefs I had since i was in 5th grade, Very comfy although I only use them when I know there is no chance my underwear is ever going to show if I bend over or something

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Filson Shirt-Jac. I have had it for about 8 years, Grandfather had it for 10 before that. Purchased when Filson garments were still made in Seattle.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of my Filson tin cloth coats have been around for over 20 years now along with a wool vest or two from them. My Barbour Beaufort has been around for around 15 years. I guess my Filson and Barbour stuff falls under permanent wardrobe items that'll probably out live me.

Brutus

Reaction score
I posted this just the other day but I've had this shirt since the early 90's. I still wear it generally every day there's a Texas game. There was probably a 10 year stint I forgot about the shirt and happened upon it one day probably tucked away in some box in the attic.
DSCI0002C.jpg

inlove.gif

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an old T-shirt that I picked up at a thrift store in 98-99. It's been relegated to casual use now since it's too large to wear normally but it's still holding up well.

Jayhawk1412

Reaction score
I have several pairs of sweats and hooded sweatshirts that i wont let go of.

also lots of t-shirts that i wont get rid of, so i wear them to bed.

my oldest items of clothing that i still wear are my Russell Athletic plain colored hoodies. They are just too comfortable to let go

slimjohnson13

Reaction score
I still wear an an old Stussy No. 5 t-shirt that I bought my junior year of high school--18 years ago. Still fits, though the "black" shirt looks a little green-grey nowadays.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
doc martens 14 holes. had em for 16 years.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing.
I'm not very sentimental.

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
Probably my Darrell Green jersey.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics