• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

List some of the Canadian things you like

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I can't believe no one has mentioned:

trailer_park_boys_ca-show.jpg

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** trailer park boys....have you seen the movie fubar? if not you must. sooo funny.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
**** trailer park boys....have you seen the movie fubar? if not you must. sooo funny.

**** you, I got my Grade 10. Don't tell me what to do.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spudnik99
  • Lake Moraine
  • Godspeed You! Black Emperor
  • Château Frontenac
  • Niagra Falls
  • Maple Fudge
  • Thee Silver Mt. Zion

I salute you for including Moraine Lake, the lesser-known neighbour of Lake Louise. The Valley of the Ten Peaks and Larch Valley are gorgeous places, as is Paradise Valley, which lies between that particular valley and Lake Louise, and also Sentinel Pass, which is between the former two and adjoins Mount Temple, not by any means one of the highest mountains in North America but absolutely one of the most beautiful when seen on a crisp winter day from the ski slopes across the Bow Valley.

08CAN-3132-3134pan_Valley-of-Ten-Peaks.jpg

08CAN-2678-2681pan-Moraine-Lake.jpg

Originally Posted by EL72
The list betrays the misplaced arrogance of many Canadians who believe that second-rate social services (public schools medicare...), corporate welfare businesses (Bombardier), and poor mens' versions of world-class events, shops...(Grand Prix, Bloor St., Rosen) are something to be proud of. (At least RIM has the virtue of being a succesful firm despite the Canadian government, not as result of it like Bombardier. He should have also added the LCBO to the list while we're at it.)

This delusional myth of Canadian importance and superiority is illustrated by this so-called "regard in the world" he mentions. Regarded for what? If the world even knows we exist, we are regarded as harmless and inconsequential at best. It's like when the whole family applauds the mildly-marsupialed cousin's first grade math skills to make him feel good and he thinks he's Einstein.

Apparently we're getting **** on in Copenhagen as well.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
**** you, I got my Grade 10. Don't tell me what to do.

you never said that when i was all "pio stick it in! pio harder!" you *****!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
you never said that when i was all "pio stick it in! pio harder!" you *****!

That was a TPB reference. Ricky was very proud of getting his Grade 10 and felt it made him an independent man that no longer had to put up with Julian bossing him around.

Kevin

Reaction score
The Perimeter Institute
Bob and Doug McKenzie
Labatt Blue

sjd

Reaction score
This list makes dealing with the winters up here bearable.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That was a TPB reference. Ricky was very proud of getting his Grade 10 and felt it made him an independent man that no longer had to put up with Julian bossing him around.

What's a Grade 10?

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh lol dont watch enough to know that quote. but my friends for halloween all dressed up as them. i do a pretty good impression of bubbles thouh. **** you ricky!
Originally Posted by Teacher
What's a Grade 10?

in canada we dont say sophmore, junior etc. we say gr9, 10, 11, 12. and noone says a grade 10, thats a joke, its just im in gr 10.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh lol dont watch enough to know that quote. but my friends for halloween all dressed up as them. i do a pretty good impression of bubbles thouh. **** you ricky!

in canada we dont say sophmore, junior etc. we say gr9, 10, 11, 12. and noone says a grade 10, thats a joke, its just im in gr 10.

Ah, I see.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So is SF going to have to add leftybomb to its list of vocabulary?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads