• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

lint machine

cartisdm

Reaction score
I've had my black trial shirt from Modern Tailor for a few weeks now and I do like the way it fits, but is there something that can be done about the massive attraction of lint? It's more than just a few fuzzies here and there, it's nearly covered in crap after an hour. I'm scared to walk away from my lint brush!

I plan on ordering some more shirts soon. Should I avoid a certain type of material or can they be pre-treated some way?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
get rid of the cat???

static electircity?

the shirt is not all cotton?

cartisdm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
get rid of the cat???

static electircity?

the shirt is not all cotton?

No pets to worry about.

Obviously some shirts are more prone to static cling than others, no need to be a jackass about it.

I can't remember exactly what the modern tailor trial shirt is made out of, hence my inquiry. For those of you that buy black shirts, are you particular about your fabric choice due to lint?

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol...lint roller...or something of the like. Just leave one at your desk and you'll be fine lol. I don't find it attracts as much lint as you say.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark colored clothes attract fuzz/cat fur/etc. Believe me. There's nothing you can do about it, except using a garment brush/lint roller to remove the fluff. Why do you think noisy plaid sportcoats are so popular around here?

cartisdm

Reaction score
Hmm....I dunno why it seems that this particular shirt is so bad. Even when I get it back from the cleaners it has lint on it. I would expect that to be the time when it was in its best condition

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.