1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by Linjer, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I'm on the other side of the country, unfortunately. From the pics I think I'd be absolutely in for the navy, and maybe a cognac. Leather is one of those things that needs to be touched/felt/smelled, though, so in the absence of doing that myself, I hope your meet up pushes through so we can get some comments from those who attended :)

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Inside of the bags look great. I take it there are no pockets on the otherside of the interior that isn't shown?

1 person likes this.
  3. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

There is a laptop sleeve on the other side (source: I'm giving the navy one a test drive right now).

4. 1up

1up Senior member

How about a video, showcasing the bag + inside? I'd like to see how the leather moves to the touch? Tough to explain..

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

I get what you mean, but IMHO a vegetable-tanned or bridle style leather doesn't really "move" in the way that a soft grained hide does. I agree with something like an Hermes Clemence you'd want to see how supple it is... but with Box calf or a thicker vege-tanned it may not give you much info even in video form.

6. Linjer

Linjer Senior member

We have used the best leather and hardware. Reviews will pop up soon and we are not nervous about them because we know the product is solid.

We have been using prototypes ourselves for the past 14 months and it's rock solid and ages beautifully.

Are you on our newsletter ? There will be a very compelling offer for early birds and people who buy two briefs.

1 person likes this.
  7. Linjer

Linjer Senior member

]

Thanks !

8. Linjer

Linjer Senior member

@Jr Mousethere is a padded laptop pouch. More pictures will follow at a later stage.

9. Linjer

Linjer Senior member

We are doing 100 hour weeks until launch 10 days from now. Video will be hard to squeeze in before launch but will try getting something done for future reference. Please PM us with examples if you have any, would be great for our eCommerce shop in 6 months from now

10. Linjer

Linjer Senior member

You are right. We have one shot in our video that displays the messenger bags flap. It's a beautiful video clip and really showcases the leather. We are planning on giving all newslettee subscribees a sneak preview of the video 3 days before launch !
    Stay tuned !

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  11. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

You should really consider posting photos of any bags or portfolios you have been using a that show some age. I can't imagine I'm the only one who would be interested in seeing this.

A great promo to run after launch would be to have owners send in photos of their purchases in daily use and (more so) after the leather has started to show age. Post them to social media, etc. Maybe, once a week/month select the best one and give them a discount on a future purchase. Would encourage repeat customers. #freemarketingadvice

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. Linjer

Linjer Senior member

Yeah, we have planned that for the future. Right now we are putting all our resources towards launching on time :)

When we launch our ecommerce store: we will have a specific hashtag for each product, the Instagram feed will then be displayed on our product pages.

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I'm in SF often on weekends.I'll stay tuned for a potential meetup (I live and work further South though).

14. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

nvm

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  15. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    3 people like this.
  16. Delands

Delands Active Member

Hi @Linjer , first off, congratulations with the start-up. Your products look beautiful and they are priced very attractively. I'm very interested in the cognac briefcase.

If your Kickstart campaign is successful (and I certainly hope that it will be), do you have an estimate of when the first batch of products will be finished for shipping?

Thank you and I wish you the best of luck with your project!

17. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

I also would like to know the same thing as well. I am strongly considering being an early campaign backer but I wanted to at least know when we could expect delivery, Thanks!

18. fazalmajid

fazalmajid Well-Known Member

OK, I am in for the cognac briefcase when the Kickstarter starts. My email is the ...@sentfrom.com one.

Some suggestions for the portfolio:
    • add a few more pen loops, most people will carry color pens to highlight stuff when taking notes
    • some kind of cutout for storing a USB flash drive would be nice
    • make sure the portfolio can carry an A4/LTR sized notebook, not just a notepad

19. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Well, I've read his thread and Rach certainly agrees with you. I am in for whenever you are able to make a navy briefcase. Regrettably, I already have enough cognac and black bags

20. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

I signed up for the newsletter, but did not receive an e-mail confirmation. Am I on the list?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.