1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Linjer, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Linjer

Linjer Affiliate Vendor

Thank you! That means a lot to us. We actually made 4 iterations of the tote. It's funny, we had one where the handles were spaced 1cm more apart, and it looked awful. It's crazy how small adjustments completely changes the look of the tote. We're really happy with the design, quality and function. We hope our backers will be too! =)

Awesome! What colors are you going to go for?

Ha ha! I actually want to make one now, given your persistence. Why don't you send me a sketch to [email protected] ? Really curious to see what you have in mind, would fun just making a prototype even!

2. Linjer

Linjer Affiliate Vendor

Cool. It actually has a really cool "secret" pocket in the back. You'll see it in the video when we go live!

3. venessian

venessian Distinguished Member

Hey, you should see my cell phone! It makes Gordon Gecko's original one look like a Bic lighter! (Well, not really....)

Pretty set on Navy. I love that color, and I think it's really great for smaller items such as wallets.

I would love a Linjer coin purse as well; I definitely would buy that. Mine are just simple flap-over snap ones, very simple and convenient, but really beat up after 20-some years.

Really? Wow. I'll email you some ideas. Something very slim, very simple. You guys are great. Even if this were not to happen it is great just corresponding with you.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015

4. Linjer

Linjer Affiliate Vendor

Quote:
    We have something in the works:)

Quote:
    Please do - super curious to see what you have in mind!

Cheers,

Roman

5. Sseah12

Sseah12 Member

Hi linjer, any possibility of a briefcase n bifold wallet bundle? And will you release your messengers in navy? Or cognac?

6. Linjer

Linjer Affiliate Vendor

Hi there! First of all, welcome to our thread!

i) A lot of you guys have asked for one by email, we'll try to add one !

ii) We won't be doing the messenger in any other color

Thanks again for dropping by!

Cheers,

Roman

7. Sseah12

Sseah12 Member

Oh right! Looking forward to get a set briefcase/ messenger/ bifold from u guys.. =/ tot if messenger is navy, it'd be great! Just wondering how navy leather develop patina.. O. O Btw, awesome job !

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

Navy tote looks promising... would probably be redundant for my needs considering the navy Margiela. Hmmm :eek:

9. Linjer

Linjer Affiliate Vendor

Thanks! The navy develops a bit of a gradient over time. It's not visible unless you really go up close, as it's a pretty dark color. Here is my navy soft briefcase after 6 months of use:
    [​IMG]

:) Too bad!

10. jorijori

jorijori Well-Known Member

Hi Roman,

I'm in for the navy tote. Does it come with hardboard for the bottom? I will be using it to carry big water bottle, tumbler and lunch box. So I need something strong to hold all those liquid.

My bundle (mocha briefcase, navy portfolio & cognac cardholder) is due for delivery in March, can I change the mocha BC to a navy BC? I'm going navy all the way. Navy matches nothing but goes with everything (black/brown).

Does the navy color fade over time or darkens? I will put the tote on the front passenger seat so it will be exposed to direct sunlight when I'm driving (approx 2 hours a day).

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015

11. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Distinguished Member

So, where is this actually going live for the early bird? Kickstarter?

12. Linjer

Linjer Affiliate Vendor

Hi there,

Awesome. It has a solid bottom. No issue carrying a big water bottle, tumbler and lunch box.
    We normally don't allow backers to change out colors this late prior to the shipping, but I'm sure we can work something out[​IMG] Just drop me a line at [email protected] and I'll take care of you.

The navy color will darken, not fade.

Great questions. Please keep them coming, it's helping Jenn and I develop the F.A.Q for our site!

Cheers,

Roman
    We actually did a last minute pivot, and went with Indiegogo. We'll be sending the link out to all our newsletter subscribers in 35 minutes when we go live:) We'll also make a post here with the URL:)

Making the final touches as we speak.

13. venessian

venessian Distinguished Member

Sigh...35 whole minutes...so, so slow....

If you only had one of those nice, big, fat 17" laptops to speed things up. :)

No joke: In all sincerity I really respect the manner in which you answer questions; help customers in such an immediate and personal manner; scramble and resolve quickly; bootstrap the hell out of issues; and do it all so transparently, even through exhaustion.

Kudos to both of you, really.
    Congratulations on another successful launch!

14. Lceaucx

Lceaucx Member

Aw man and to think I actually set up a kickstarter account just for you guys! Happy that you're back to indiegogo though...i'm more familiar with the interface there, having backed a number of stuff there.

Ok waiting for the link!

15. Linjer

Linjer Affiliate Vendor

Awesome! :) Just about to post the link=)