1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Linjer, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Linjer

Linjer Affiliate Vendor

:) No wallet bundles (already a bit complex with two bundle options already). Best thing is to get both during the early bird pricing :) What colors are you thinking?

2. Linjer

Linjer Affiliate Vendor

You'll notice that the edges of the tote extend a bit. It's sufficient for the bag to balance on it own without tipping over.
    Scuffing is not really an issue because of the edging. The feet would not add much function to be honest, I've used the tote for 2 months now without any issues.

Let me know if you have any other questions! What color are you thinking of getting?

3. Salad

Salad Senior Member

I need a briefcase/wallet bundle.
    I should have just copped the briefcase w/ the preorder. Live and learn, I guess.

4. Linjer

Linjer Affiliate Vendor

Awesome! Sounds like our bundle should be a good fit.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015

5. Salad

Salad Senior Member

^ While a passport wallet would be nice, I would prefer a briefcase/regular wallet bundle.

6. Linjer

Linjer Affiliate Vendor

We are going to think about it. We might add a billfold + soft briefcase. What wallet are you looking at?

Cheers,

Roman

7. Ebichuman

Ebichuman Senior Member

I can't make up my mind! :fu:

Mocha or Navy...

8. Linjer

Linjer Affiliate Vendor

Both great choices. What did you get your briefcase in? Mocha?

9. Ebichuman

Ebichuman Senior Member

Yes, briefcase in mocha. I also have a laptop sleeve from another vendor in cognac and a couple of canvas/leather briefcases (navy and grey). They're all in my rotation. I don't need to be matchy-matchy with any of them and, to be honest, I would have jumped on a nice green wallet without thinking...now, the more I think about it, the more I lean towards navy...Maybe :brick:

10. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior Member

Definitely Navy for the versatility. A black bag with brown shoes would drive me crazy. Any chance for a briefcase and tote bundle? haha Still kicking myself for not getting the briefcase when it was half of what it costs now.

11. Linjer

Linjer Affiliate Vendor

I love the navy tote, great choice. We won't be offering a briefcase + tote bundle unfortunately.

12. Salad

Salad Senior Member

The standard billfold.

13. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior Member

I'm sure since you helped design them you love both, but after using both for a while, which do you like more or prefer? If you can't say, then what do you feel are the pros and cons of each bag style for you?

14. venessian

venessian Distinguished Member

The wallets and the tote look great! I am not really a tote person, but I think this one looks fantastic. The lining really does put it over the top, and definitely out of the "purely utilitarian" that I have associated with most totes. The navy looks stunning in that design. Perfect. Congratulations!

I will be in for a billfold, a passport wallet, and possibly a cardholder (I can see the appeal of the new design now)...along with the super secret super slim super simple 11"x17" zippered top laptop/drawing portfolio....:)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015

15. Linjer

Linjer Affiliate Vendor

That's a fantastic question. I love them both.

I prefer the soft briefcase when I am travelling or go to meetings where there is no space to make a "fashion statement".

I mostly use the tote on days like this, when I am taking a spontaneous trip to a cafe and just want to throw my laptop, charger and other stuff in (lots of sketches, swatches and other random stuff).

If your budget allows I would get both, if not I would probably go with whatever you personally like the most.
    In terms of function they are equally good - just that the soft briefcase has a strap and enough space for a laptop that is slightly bigger than a 15'inch (in case you carry a huge thing like @venessian :)