1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by Linjer, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1up

1up Senior member

I purchased both the soft briefcase in mocha, and the weekender in chestnut - I funded during the initial campaigns.

I think they're phenomenal products and I absolutely adore my purchases; an extremely satisfied customer here.

Not to mention both Jenn and Roman built an outstanding rapport of customer service with me that really reassured the whole process.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  2. Hideto

Hideto New Member

Instead of making new products, Linjer should focus on making more soft briefcases since so many people are on waitlist. Perhaps it is best not to name a email blast as "Just released" as people on the mailing list are all waiting for the briefcases and might get excited that the briefcases are finally released after such a massive delay when it is actually just a new "behind the scenes video" that most of us don't care about (I am not going to hide my disappointment here).

Why does it take so long to make something esp when demand is already identified half a year ago? Quality requires patience i understand, but 6 months to put a briefcase together is mindblowingly inefficient...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  3. ChelseaT

ChelseaT New Member

Just a regular customer and my two cents:
    I'm a slow adopter to bags but I value 1: quality 2. customer service 3. brand promise.

I love my Linjer products: watch, soft tote and am waiting for my tulip bag.

There is an understated glamor and unmatched quality (esp for their price point) to Linjer that makes it unique. I too had many queries and fielded them to the Linjer team - they answered all my questions and more!

People forget that a product is more than its design and utility, but also the product's quality, the customer service and its brand promise. Linjer delivers on all of the above and has a sticky and well-deserved following. I've met some Linjer toters on the street and gave them a quick heads-up. There's a cult following in some Asian cities.

I do agree on the wait times/back log for their classics though - I've been waiting for the doctor's bag for awhile now ... I guess all good things come for those who wait!

1 person likes this.
  4. Hideto

Hideto New Member

Sadly, the delays are becoming commanplace and the brand is just unable to deliver. This brings up serious questions about their processes and make me concerned about sustainability since manufucturing has been delayed non-stop since October

5. fazalmajid

fazalmajid Well-Known Member

Linjer is run by a couple, and they move a lot - Hong Kong, then San Francisco (by the greatest of coincidences, their office was just above mine) and now in Italy. The notion of provenance is mostly meaningless in our era of globalized supply chains, but with jet-setters like these, the nationality of the company is as well. Ultimately they should be judged by the quality of their products, and there they deliver, unlike the mediocre overhyped and overpriced crud from Everlane or Mismo.

2 people like this.
  6. Linjer

Linjer Senior member

ANNOUNCEMENT:

We started this Styleforum thread three years ago, and it's been so amazing to have this space to connect with all of you (somewhat) personally throughout the first years of Linjer's existence. We have a lot of gratitude to this commuity for the kind support, ideas, and feedback we've received over the years. We would be nowhere without you guys [​IMG]

As many of you have noticed, we haven't been super active on this thread since last Christmas.

Linjer has been growing quickly - we now have a team, and Jenn and I have been shifting our own areas of focus within the business. And somehow, we seem to be drowning in work as we pursue the next milestones for our company.

We've decided to put our thread on pause indefinitely.

It was a hard decision - we love the direct connection with you all that we get through this thread. However, we just don't feel that we're in a position to give the thread the attention and dedication that it deserves.

We'll still be around though! If you want to contact us, you can always send us an email at hello@linjer.co :)

Thank you again for all the kind support and love we’ve received over the years.

If you ever find yourself in Florence, please do drop us a line and stop by our studio if you have the time.

Cheers,

Roman (& Jenn)

1 person likes this.
  7. andrel42

andrel42 Senior member

Thanks for letting us Jenn and Roman; you know how much I love your products and will definitely look you up when in Florence at the next Pitti :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Ebichuman

Ebichuman Senior member

Best of luck guys, thank you for great products!

1 person likes this.
  9. Linjer

Linjer Senior member

Thank you for all your kind support over the years! And yes, please do drop us a line when you're in town next :)

Thank you !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.