1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by Linjer, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linjer

Linjer Senior member

Hi!

First, we’d like to thank you. We’ve been lurking for the last year, perusing any and all leather bag-related threads to better understand your experiences when it comes to purchasing a leather bag. SF is a wonderful community, and your discussions have really guided us through our journey of developing our brand.

Now, we’re excited to finally introduce ourselves!

We are Roman and Jenn, the founders of Linjer.

Linjer offers fine leather goods without the luxury markup.

We started Linjer because of Roman’s own personal pain point. He was looking for a high-quality leather briefcase for work. He wanted a briefcase made of vegetable-tanned leather without conspicuous logos and with minimalist, modern design. He couldn’t find something he liked for less than $1,000.

Why are briefcases so impossibly expensive? After a bit of research, we learned that luxury brands often mark up their leather goods by 10 times. That made us think: why don’t we start our own brand, sell directly to customers and cut out all the other bloat? Then, more people (including ourselves and our friends) could actually afford to buy a high-quality leather briefcase.

So that’s exactly what we did. After 18 months in development, we’re proud to present our men’s collection on Kickstarter, launching in early October. After that we will launch our online store.

This is what Linjer is about, in short:
    • Full-grain, vegetable-tanned leather. Hides originate from Central Europe and are tanned in Turkey with extracts from chestnut, quebracho and mimosa. The leather is custom-made for us, smells sweet and develops a patina over time.
    • YKK Excella zippers. The very best from YKK.
    • Stellar craftsmanship. We work with a fantastic manufacturer that also works with other highly-respected brands.
    • Minimalist, classic design. We design every product in-house and we keep our logos discreet.
    • Exceptional value. If our products came out of the factory with a luxury label on them, they would easily cost 3 to 4 times as much.

Leather bags need to be maintained, and we’re working with the German company Collonil to develop a line of leather care products specifically for Linjer.

Here are some photos of our collection (soft briefcase, satchel, messenger, cardholder and portfolio):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our products will be significantly discounted for the Kickstarter campaign (and early birds get an even better deal), so be sure to subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on social media to be the first to know when we launch.

You can find us at our website, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter, and of course right here on Styleforum.

We’d love to hear your feedback and we welcome any questions you have!

Roman and Jenn

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    PS “Linjer” (pronounced like “liin-yir”) means “lines” in Norwegian; half of our 2-person team is from Norway [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
    7 people like this.
  2. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Welcome to SF, look forward to seeing more of your products.

1 person likes this.
  3. Linjer

Linjer Senior member

Thank you @gyasih !

4. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Welcome onboard, guys!

The products look great so far, especially that soft briefcase in cognac.

One suggestion I would make is to create a signature and put your website address, instagram, twitter, etc. info there. It makes it easier for people to check out the goods.

5. Linjer

Linjer Senior member

@Gerry Nelson Glad that you like the soft briefcase in cognac! That's actually my[Roman] favorite piece. Always wanted a simple briefcase to go with my navy suite. Thank you for looking out for us, just sent the administrators an email, need permission to change our signature:( - will do asap! Stay safe and keep posting !

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  6. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Quote:I'm biased because it's very similar to mine :)

7. Grenadier

Grenadier Senior member

What is the ETA on release?

8. Linjer

Linjer Senior member

@Grenadier We will be launching on Kickstarter 7th of October, 29 days from now ! =) We'll remind you on the day of launch in this thread, or you can sign up for our newsletter here: www.linjer.co

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Looks like a very nice line. I see from your site that the leather is tanned in Turkey. Where will the bags be made?

10. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

11. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    The soft briefcase in cognac looks great. Really hitting a lot of the details I look for and at a very reasonable price.

I'd too like to know where the bags are made.

12. jorijori

jorijori Well-Known Member

Greetings from Jakarta, Indonesia...

I hate your black softbag cause I just bought a Mismo for almost triple the price :( and I bet your bag handles look & feel better...
    [​IMG]
    Seriously I love your softbag briefcase and especially at that price, will you be offering it in dark brown or bordeaux? If yes, I want to buy one.

Also I'd like to see these features on your bag, small pad lock with its leather case (Want Les Essentiels Trudeau) and side loop for newspaper (Delvaux Newspaper), this will be the ultimate bag ever!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  13. Linjer

Linjer Senior member

Thanks for the feedback so far! We're really glad that you like our products.

@FrankCowperwood , @Jr Mouse --

Thanks for asking. We're happy to tell you more about the production side of Linjer:

Our bags are manufactured in an American-owned/American-run factory in China.

We spent a lot of time searching for potential manufacturing partners in both Europe and Asia. It has been a long and difficult process, as our criteria for a partner were quite stringent:
    • Exceptionally high standard of workmanship
    • Social standards that we could stand by
    • Ease of working together

We’re very happy with the manufacturer that we chose to work with. We have visited the factory personally and have met employees working in several different functions and on the factory floor. We highly respect the factory's workmanship standards and attention to detail; in fact, they produce for some of the world's most highly-esteemed luxury brands. The factory is very well-run and we are proud (and lucky!) to be partnering with them :)

2 people like this.
  14. riverflow

riverflow Well-Known Member

I've followed a pair of guys designing and producing their own motorcycle luggage. After seeing everything they've gone through I can attest to the challenges of finding the right factory; they ended up sourcing from a factory in Vietnam. It takes multiple prototypes, trips around the world, money (the list could go on forever) to get to the production stage. This is no easy task and the whole process will take a year or two full of hard work and planning.

Bravo, team. I really dig the briefcases and portfolios.

15. Linjer

Linjer Senior member

@jorijori Hope they have a return policy so you can take advantage of our discounted pre-orders on the 7th of October ha ha! You can basically buy one of each color for the same price=)

Thank you so much for feedback, helps us a lot. We will definitely incorporate the community's feedback into future products.

To answer your question:
    We will offer a dark brown color version as a stretch goal on our Kickstarter campaign. We need to raise $50 000 (that's approximately 140 bags sold) to get production started with our two core colors black and cognac. We have yet to decide on the minimum amount needed to add the dark brown to the collection but assume it will be at around $75 000 (210 bags pre-ordered).

We will also be introducing navy blue as a stretch goal once we reach pre-orders of $100 000. These numbers might change slightly as we are still confirming minimum order requirements with the tannery and our factory.

We have a prototype on our Instagram that you can check out here - also attached below for your reference.
    Please keep in mind that the hardware is wrong, and it's not the leather that we are going with, but it should give you a rough idea of the color.

[​IMG]

Again @jorijori - really appreciate the feedback, might even PM you down the line to include you in a focus group if you don't mind - please keep the ideas coming!

16. Linjer

Linjer Senior member

@riverflow Thank you so much for the kind words! So true, the supply chain is such a nightmare. This brand has been built with sweat equity the whole way (imagine economy flights to Paris leather fair, Airbnb and countless of hours smelling freshly vegetable tanned leather in the search for perfection). 1.5 years in the making! Excited to finally launch and see if we get orders!

@OzzyJones Thank you for bumping us - incredible how welcoming this community has been!

17. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

This is really interesting; I have been looking for a good quality portfolio for some time. Could I ask for a couple of more close-up pics of the black portfolio or bag in natural sunlight? Also great to hear that the company is half Norwegian! :)

18. tropics

tropics Senior member

cardholder looks nice, would love to see a simple billfold at some point.

19. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Really like the soft briefcase, hope this works out. Good luck!

20. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

+ 1.

I'm interested.

Or Navy blue, I'd look at that too.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.