Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Linen t-shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Aug 11, 2004.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I'm looking for t-shirts in linen (either 100% or linen / cotton blend). Has anyone ever seen anything similar to what I'm looking for?

Jon.

2. banksmiranda

banksmiranda Senior member

I doubt it. They probably wouldn't make the time to pre-wash the linen(which usually shrinks quite a bit), and unless the linen were blended with lycra, it likely wouln't be elastic enough to pull over your head.

3. Oltmann

Oltmann Senior member

I just bought this on a whim. 25% linen and rayon for the rest. It should come tomorrow.

4. kabert

kabert Senior member

Nice looking Ted Baker t-shirt. I have wondered about the quality of Ted Baker, as the shirts certainly have nice looking fabrics. Just about the only place I see Ted Baker though is at Filene's Basement.

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Although they look nice, they shrink horribly when washed; in odd directions the length of the shirt shrank to comical proportions. I learned about Ted Baker the hard way, since my wallet was $98 lighter and I was left none the wiser.

Jon.

6. MikeF

MikeF Senior member

Two or three years ago, Holt Renfrew sold house-brand linen/silk pocket t-shirts in great colors - seafoam green, etc. They were quite fitted and extremely comfortable, with a nice, slightly rough texture. Unfortunately, I wore the two I had so much that they developed holes. Full retail on them was around US$60. I haven't seen them since.

7. skotdik

skotdik New Member

I purchased a linen t-shirt from SteinMart a few months ago.  It was made by Polo Ralph Lauren 100% linen.  It feels wonderful and has worn fairly well.  The collar is not as elastic as my cotton shirts but I don't think it was designed that way.  I paid about $10 but the Polo price tag states that it retails at $89 (not worth it at that price or at least for me).  It is extremely soft and breathes very well.  I hand wash it and dry it flat like a sweater. So needless to say I don't treat it like other t-shirts so I'm not sure how it would hold up under more normal conditions. I do wear it about once a week though.

8. hermes

hermes Senior member

oddly enough, i saw a linen boss hugo boss t shirt last night at my local boss outlet, CAN$69.95