Linen Suits at TJ Maxx

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VMan, Mar 19, 2005.

1. VMan

VMan Senior member

Hey guys,

If anyone is looking for a linen suit, I have a tip for you - check with your local TJ Maxx. I visited mine today, and they had about 8 Zara linen suits, for $39.99 each. If you are not familiar with Zara, they are a spanish company similar to H&M, though better quality.

These suits would be great for someone looking for an inexpensive yet stylish linen suit. The construction is decent, fused of course, high-stance two button, double vented, narrower lapels, very light shoulder padding. Pants are unhemmed and flat-front.

There were two colors - one was a lighter beige (unfortunately none in my size) and the others were a light rusty brown (which I went with). It is actually a pretty nice color, one that you don't see often, but would work better IMO at night than a light beige suit.

You would be able to wear the pants and jacket separately with no problem. I think the jacket makes a very nice casual piece with jeans. Would also look really nice with a vibrant shirt, no tie.

Just wanted to help someone out who was in the market.

2. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

Thanks for the information Versace, I will definetely look for a TJ Maxx in my area and see if I have any luck.