• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Linen Suits and sports coats in Fall

waqy

Reaction score
I live in Nevada and the temperature here stays around 80 degrees even in october I was wondering if it's ok to wear linen sportscoats in the Fall season ? And also do any of you have an idea where I can get decent light and dark grey linen sports jackets like the picture attached. Thanks

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
function over fashion ... why sweat in tweeds and flannels?

i am sure you can find linens and cottons in fall tones if you want to have the seasonal switch

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by waqy
I live in Nevada and the temperature here stays around 80 degrees even in october I was wondering if it's ok to wear linen sportscoats in the Fall season ? And also do any of you have an idea where I can get decent light and dark grey linen sports jackets like the picture attached. Thanks

Of course - there is no rule which says that you should swelter in unsuitable clothes.

Macallan

Reaction score
Considering the environement, no.

You should look at cotton/linen mix, probably with a higher % of the former.

waqy

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your input. Macallan, just out of curiosity, would you please elaborate on the environment part i.e do you mean the climatic environment or the social environment ? Thanks again

tacobender

Reaction score
I split my time between vegas and scottsdale, simply put there are no rules when the weather is above 90 degrees. Ideally you'd want to start wearing neutral or natrual colors...nothing too light/bright, but if the weather does not allow, you are not and should not be expected to wear winter wear.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's