• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Linen sport jacket for summer, blue or beige?

RoseGardener

Reaction score
I am preparing to get a summer jacket, but not quite sure if I should go with medium beige or light blue; also not sure if unstructured or semi-structured (ie only on shoulders), linen or cotton?

It will be used on west coast, mainly as evening wear and events type of stuff. Suggestions?

example of blue:
peluso_sport_coat_1_s1800x0_q80_noupscale.jpg

Linen-Blazer-Gear-Patrol-Lead-Full.jpg

Beige:
2017-Latest-Coat-Pant-Design-Brown-Khaki-Linen-Men-Suit-Summer-Casual-Tuxedo-Terno-2-Piece.jpg
fe5d613595d92b0d2f208d8cc103f407.jpg

Last edited:

kazusano

Reaction score
For me, it depends on how many jackets you own.

For me, the light blue is more memorable. The second time I see you wearing the light blue, I will think, "oh, yea, I remember him wearing that jacket." The third and subsequent times that I saw you wearing that jacket, I would think, "sheesh, is that the only jacket he owns?" So, if you have a lot of jackets and will be wearing the light blue one infrequently, then either is fine.

If, however, you plan on wearing the jacket a lot, I would go with the more neutral, medium beige one. The two examples of beige that you picture vaguely register to me as nice, well-fitting, stylish jackets. You will strike me as stylish and well-dressed. Because of their traditional, neutral color, however, I don't see myself having the "oh, he's wearing that thing again" reaction.

RoseGardener

Reaction score
For me, it depends on how many jackets you own.

For me, the light blue is more memorable. The second time I see you wearing the light blue, I will think, "oh, yea, I remember him wearing that jacket." The third and subsequent times that I saw you wearing that jacket, I would think, "sheesh, is that the only jacket he owns?" So, if you have a lot of jackets and will be wearing the light blue one infrequently, then either is fine.

If, however, you plan on wearing the jacket a lot, I would go with the more neutral, medium beige one. The two examples of beige that you picture vaguely register to me as nice, well-fitting, stylish jackets. You will strike me as stylish and well-dressed. Because of their traditional, neutral color, however, I don't see myself having the "oh, he's wearing that thing again" reaction.

Great points, I spend 3 months or so in the Pacific Northwest every summer. I normally bring a navy blazer as the sole jacket for all events. This summer, I am thinking of being one or even two more ...

At home, it’s no problem, plenty to rotate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads