• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LInen Shirt Recommendations

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BR currently has some nice cotton/linen shirts. They are usually full priced, but I was able to take advantage of a 20-30% off sale midweek.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hobbs
Kent's linen/cotton shirts are superb quality, and don't wrinkle as much as I had anticipated. Here's a picture after having worn it for 10 hours in the office:

True, but aren't linen shirts supposed to wrinkle? It's part of their character.

david123

Reaction score
Does anyone have any up-to-date recommendations on linen shirts? Ideally I'd like something relatively slim fit and not super long so I can wear them untucked in summer. Would like to keep the price < $125 if possible.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by david123
Does anyone have any up-to-date recommendations on linen shirts? Ideally I'd like something relatively slim fit and not super long so I can wear them untucked in summer. Would like to keep the price < $125 if possible.
Etro on sale?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by david123

Untucked slim fit linen sounds like a strange mix.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The quality of a shirt is almost entirely in the cut. Things such as hand stitching are decorative and add little to the shirt's functionality or longevity. It's hard to recommend "the best linen shirt" because it depends on what fits you best.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's hard to recommend "the best linen shirt" because it depends on what fits you best.
although to me a linen shirt is inherently casual, and didn’t you say in the bespoke denim shirt thread that a casual shirt shouldn’t look too fitted?
I understand that there is a wide gap between “fits poorly” and “fits too well” but
I find linen in particular to be much more forgiving than cotton in terms of fit.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Summer casual for pairing with jeans, shorts, sockless loafers, etc.
Not really specific enough but if you are looking for an Italian/Euro style, more fitted shirt then I’d look at Luca Faloni or G. Inglese for OTR. Though at those price points I’d really consider making the leap to MTM (Collaro, Luxire, Proper Cloth, etc.)
Lots of good reviews for Spier and Mackay at a budget price point but I don’t have any of their shirts.
For a very casual (camp collar, body) I have a Monitaly “vacation “ linen shirt that I like a lot.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two dress shirts One from Ben Silver and one from Hilditch and Key.
The both fit properly but the H and K is more substantial and seems better made.
Cording's offers linen dress shirt a very attractive prices. I own their tatersall "country
shirts" which are very full- cut.

Last edited:

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Who makes a good linen shirt in proper "royal blue" color? Any experience with Charvet?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.