• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Linen Pants

taylorc19

Reaction score
What goes well with linen pants?? I was thinking flip flops that match my top- but what kind of top would go??

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Flip-flops are good.

light colored t-shirts, camp shirts, very casual white, blue or pink button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up all work well with linen pants.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Flip-flops are good.

light colored t-shirts, camp shirts, very casual white, blue or pink button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up all work well with linen pants.

I don't personally like polos with linen pants, but maybe it would work for you.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seersucker can look great with linen. Tee shirts usually not, because they tend to be fitted while linen pants usually are not fitted.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are linen camp shirts too matchy-matchy with linen trousers? I'm experimenting with my first pair of linen trousers, tan with a herringbone weave, and I own 4-5 linen camp shirts. I'm hoping the different textures will make the look OK.

Edit: Would tan suede loafers pair well with linen trousers?

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman

Edit: Would tan suede loafers pair well with linen trousers?

I think that would look smashing. I'm thinking about doing the same thing myself.

Please don't wear flip flops.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
Are linen camp shirts too matchy-matchy with linen trousers?

I have no qualms about dressing in linen from head to toe. Just last night I wore a navy blue linen sportcoat, sky blue linen shirt and cream linen trousers with a white linen pocket square. I even wore espadrilles, which have a linen look to them.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby
I think that would look smashing. I'm thinking about doing the same thing myself.

Without socks?

Thanks Tomasso. I'll give it a try once the weather gets a little warmer and I have my linen trousers cuffed/hemmed.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
I have no qualms about dressing in linen from head to toe. Just last night I wore a navy blue linen sportcoat, sky blue linen shirt and cream linen trousers with a white linen pocket square. I even wore espadrilles, which have a linen look to them.

Do you live near the beach, or just enjoy the style?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the linen pant with polo shirt look. I also like them with leather flip flops.

I have seen two main styles of linen pants, I have a beige trouser which is a suit separate, but I have also seen those baggy kinds with the drawstring and big front pockets. I might pick up a pair of the latter in white because they look so comfy and I think would look good with my lacoste polos.

When it is 110 degrees in July in CA, I wore a linen suit with linen dress shirt and it was surprisingly cool and sun protective. I happen to like the style too, but only when it is also functional.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Do you live near the beach, or just enjoy the style?

Both. I'd just as soon wear that rig, or something similar, in NYC or Chicago in the Summer as Florida or the Caribbean. But, not for business; that's what tropical wool is for.
wink.gif

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely agree that linen has the integrity to stand on its own, from head to foot.

And it's because of linen's integrity, that this fabric can be mixed with cotton, knits, silk, suede, leather or wool. Under the auspices of an astute eye, linen looks smart, refined and distinguished.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some linen and white pants off macy's site: white cotton but I like them quite a bit: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...Type=EverGreen seems like a good all purpose linen pant, I don't think I could pull off the panama/cuban shirt the model is wearing: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...Type=EverGreen A baggier drawstring, I was thinking these originally to get but I don't think I will anymore: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...Type=EverGreen I like these the most I think: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...&CategoryID=91 Also a nice alternative I think that could be worn with flip flops, topsiders, slipons: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...&CategoryID=91 after searching: I am tempted to get some of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RALPH-LAUREN...QQcmdZViewItem Not sure if I want a cotton or linen though. I'm leaning towards the cotton.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads