1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Limited Fabric for Bespoke Work Suit: Extra Pants or Vest?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by quine, May 19, 2016.

Extra Pants/Trousers or Vest/Waistcoat?

1. Extra Pants

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Vest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. quine

quine Member

I am having a summer suit made with a blue, pinstripe wool/cotton/silk fabric from Loro Piana. I usually get a 3-piece suit with an extra pair of pants, but in this case there are only 5.00 yards available and I have to choose between extra pants and a vest.

Regardless of which way I go, I intend for the Jacket to have 1-button and a peak lapel, and the pants will be flat fronted with no cuff. This will be part of a relatively small rotation of suits for the summer - I intend to wear this suit for about 5 months out of the year, likely 3-4 times a month. I wear a suit to work, and take off the jacket where I can.

I wear my suits as 3-pieces when possible, and enjoy the variety it provides - I think a vest would look especially impressive with the jacket I have in mind for this suit.

So I'm stuck, and I figured I'd solicit opinions. How resilient is a wool/cotton/silk blend in terms of ease of cleaning, pilling, tendency to shine, etc.? Which is the wiser path between the two options? Do I actually need an extra pair of pants with how often I'll wear the jacket?

Please explain your votes!