• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lightweight summer blazer/jacket

mrBradley

Reaction score
Hi all.

i need some help finding a good summer blazer or sports coat.
at my work we have a very casual dress code but i always try to dress my best. right now i am sporting a nice tweet blazer, shirt and tie with chinos, while this works great right now its starting to get to warm.
so this is what i need help with, i need a blazer or sports coat which is very lightweight in a blue/greyish color. but i have to be able to go out in the countryside in it, so somthing with no construction to it and no shoulder pads.
basically a jacket that kinda looks like a blazer.

so far i have only found two. one jcrew which i dont want to buy (they have **** qauility) and a realy nice barutti which was to small. (god damn fat)

any help is greatly appreciated.

Bradley

Rolex Luthor

Reaction score
I picked up exactly what you're looking for at Target for like $30, but if J Crew quality is too ****** for you, you probably won't like that. In the most recent edition of Esquire's Big Black Book, there's a page of unstructured lightweight sportcoats that would be more to your tastes.

mrBradley

Reaction score
thanks for the reply
target might be a bigger problem than just the quality as it would take me 7 hours to get there and a 400 dollar bill for the ticket :D.
i live in sweden.
for the Esquire's Big Black Book, is there any website or somthing like that i can look it up ?
thanks again.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Epaulet and Howard Yount. But you will have to pay more than $400.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads