• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Light pink tie

unprocessed

Reaction score
I've worn pink ties in the past, but usually more a darker/true pink. Thoughts on wearing a light pink tie (like the attached pic) for a professional office setting? I really like the pattern of the tie, even though the pink is a bit lighter than what I'd prefer. I'd wear it with a medium gray or blue suit, white shirt (figure it's too light for even a barely blue shirt).

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.58.54 PM.png

Alpha11

Reaction score
I would not wear just the tie only. You might want to add a pair of trousers and a shirt, shoes and a jacket to go with it.

Your question and photo gives us little to help or understand .

Q: will you be wearing it with a suit or sport coat. Additionally, what colors and pattern would that be?

Q: What color shirt and pattern will you wear it?

Q: What type of profession do you work in?

Nyarlathotep

Reaction score
White shirt and a grey suit, black shoes. If you want to use a pocket square, wear a white cotton one, no sprezzatura explosion.

KotaB

Reaction score
My main concern when wearing a pink tie is if goes well with my skin tone. The only shade of pink I really look good in is magenta. The pattern on the tie is within the "professional" rules but only you can decide if its acceptable in your professional world.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.