• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

light grey vs charcoal trousers

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Louche
Light grey just doesn't work with that many skin tones, IMO.

Light grey trousers and skin tone?

woolymammoth

Reaction score
bad picture but...most versatile is set of three...pictured are winter-weight flannels...

greys.jpg

tjc4golf

Reaction score
I'm surprised by the amount of support for charcoal. I voted light gray and thought it would win in a landslide.

Could the charcoal supporters post photos of good charcoal combos? I am having trouble visualizing jacket/shirt/shoe combos that would look good with charcoal. I have a pair of charcoal trousers that get no wear so I'm looking for some ideas.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Here, tjc4 - Hope this worked. Why is posting a picture here so counter-intuitive?

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Great, IMO.

Originally Posted by aj_del
I like almost white trousers for winters as well. I believe the color is called winter white by some designers.

]

Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I just got a pair of winter weight light grey trousers similar to the ones in the pic posted by aj_del...mine may be just a tad darker, but not much. I definitely plan on wearing these in winter, I'm not too concerned with the "light grey only in summer" rule.

I am a huge fan of the look of off white and winter white trousers. I think they look elegant as well as Sprezz. Similarly but to a lesser extent with light grey flannel.

Here are some images of what I meant about white winter weight trousers looking great with tweed. I think this white trouser combination looks superb.

I do like how brilliantly charcoal flannel trousers go with tweed jackets. Again some great looking examples:

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

nioh

Reaction score
Light grey, obviously. Odd charcoal trousers are as unbecoming as odd charcoal jackets.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nioh
Light grey, obviously. Odd charcoal trousers are as unbecoming as odd charcoal jackets.

Are charcoal odd jackets even commonly seen?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads