Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Light Green Suit

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by stylemaster69, Feb 6, 2017.

1. stylemaster69

stylemaster69 Member

I am looking for a suit for my wedding and for life. Green is my favorite color and this suit catches my eyes. Comes with matching pants too. I was thinking wearing the jacket with light chinos, and thinking I could wear the pants with a button down some other occasions. Or maybe the suit together will look alright

I researched the company on this website and they are reputable, the price is right and the size should fit.

Is this green too much to wear to other people's weddings and other life events? How about a work meeting, where the people wear a wide range of things from just button downs to suits to blazers.

Really I just want to have someone tell me that it is OK to wear this color... In my mind it's just another color, the best color. But there is a reason why I'm here for advice on style and fashion.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017

2. ThomGault

ThomGault Senior member

I picked up on a few issues in your post:

1. Green is my favorite color, too! And..yet I have 0 green suits. Its not traditional at all, and its hard to match with other garments. Colors like charcoal, navy, or brown may not be your favorite, but people won't stare at you when you walk down the street.

2. Its your wedding and you can do what you want on your day, but this would not be considered acceptable by most people. What does your fiancee think of it?

3. One generally does not wear a suit as separates. It can lead to unequal wear or unequal dry cleanings which can cause one part of the suit to fall apart before the other. Typically, trousers die first, which would leave you with half a suit, which wouldn't look like a sport coat...it'll just look like half of a suit.

4. At a work meeting, there's a big jump from other people wearing suits/blazers to you wearing this suit. You will not fit in, and while I'm not suggesting that the purpose of life is to hide your individuality, a workplace setting is not a place to stand out as 'that guy,' especially when its showing that you don't understand the social norms in your company. Even the "unfashionable engineers," as you called them, will see the problem.

5. I understand that you want someone to tell you that its ok to wear that suit. I'm sorry, though, its just not.

I'm curious...where did you find this garment?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017

3. jacksonkeeper

jacksonkeeper Well-Known Member

What shade of green are you referring to? I could perhaps see a light olive color getting by in the warmer season in a casual environment.

4. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Do you have a picture of what you are aiming for? I have a green jacket that I wear all the time. I've never had anyone mention the fact that it's green, only "nice jacket" comments.....and where I work I'm pretty much the only one that wears a jacket at all. It's your wedding, wear what you want. If it's a summer wedding, a green cotton suit would be awesome. Like this...

[​IMG]

Here is my jacket

[​IMG]

5. GClub1866

GClub1866 Active Member

A picture would be good.

I agree that its your wedding and should totally wear what you want....long as the wife to be agrees :)

However i also agree that if you are buying a suit then this its rare this is then suitable to mix and match with other jackets/trousers. Normally if this is something people have in mind they'll buy trousers at a matching blazer or sports jacket. Although i'm sure all of us are guilty of wearing the suit trousers with a jumper and no jacket or just a shirt and blazer.

I'd finish by just saying its your day my friend and you should feel great and look however you want to, green suit or pink suit with purple dots, long as you and the wife is happy then SCORE. I'm sure whatever suit you buy you'll find time to wear again regardless of style of colour.

Have a great wedding pal

&

Murlsquirel - TOP JACKET

6. CloudLi

CloudLi Senior member

I always like greenish grey, it looks beautiful with that a bit of green

7. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Pics or GTFO!