Light Gray Suit

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by MRAMIT, Jul 10, 2012.

1. MRAMIT

MRAMIT Member

Hello, I love this site and forum. I'm just starting to get real clothes and shoes and this site has been great in educating me during the process.

I have a wedding coming up at the end of the month and i'd like to pair my gray suit with some shoes. I can't decide between black or brown. In the past i've worn it with my pair of crappy Steve Madden black laced dress shoes. I do have a pair of really worn down brown oxfords which won't work since they're really distressed. I'm looking to replace both eventually but for the mean time i'd like to get a pair that fit my suit.

I want to stay classic without feeling to old or old schoolish. I was thinking of wearing this suit with a white shirt and black tie. Shirts with patterns like a gingham seem too casual for me. Open to other thoughts on this as well.

I can't quite post photos of my suit as its being tailored but here are photos of the vest. I don't think im wearing the vest either, theres a few stains and its a little cumbersome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

You're probably on the wrong subforum w/ this question.

What are you asking then? What shoes should I wear w/ this suit? What tie/shirt should I wear w/ this suit? Smaller threads for that.

3. gotlighters

gotlighters Senior member

outfit is meh.

black tie, I'd wear black shoes.

4. MRAMIT

MRAMIT Member

I assume you're referring to the suit being meh mostly? Like i mentioned, I'm open suggestions/advice albeit a trivial matter. I'm in the market of buying a new suit but just didn't plan it correctly around this wedding. What would you wear with this particular suit?

thanks.