• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Light, cool summer shoes?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
If you don't wear them with baggy, ugly plaid shorts and a poorly fitting lacoste shirt i think you'll be fine. It's the same thing in gainesville, but i'm gonna get a pair anyway. I'm thinking the original ones in navy and/or oatmeal. I want a pair of the madras/patchwork slips too.

Anyone know how sperrys are sizing wise? I usually take a 10.5 or 11 in shoes and a 10 in chucks.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think of those sanuks?
do they look lame?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bargecharge
Since we're linking to oi polloi: http://www.oipolloi.com/store/YMC-St...Navy-1386.html I have these and they're pretty amazing. 'Coolest' shoe I've ever worn, and surprisingly comfortable too.
These look pretty great. I know I've seen other shoes just like this... does anyone know of one (pref. for less than 40GBP)?

1386300af6.jpg

Borky

Reaction score
Are there any uniquely colored or designed boat shoes out there? Maybe a break from the norm would work without going down a certain path.

hollaforadolla

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Anyone know how sperrys are sizing wise? I usually take a 10.5 or 11 in shoes and a 10 in chucks.

order it from zappos! with the free return shipping, free next day air, 365 day return policy, and price matching you really cant lose.

modual

Reaction score
Its all about the Superga's for me. They look great with apc ns and shorts. Oi polloi have just restocked these

1737-300.jpg

hollaforadolla

Reaction score
i really wanted to get those but realized the endless mocking wouldnt be worth it.. really what were htey thinking when they named the shoe

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
Yeah they look pretty horrendous to be honest.

damn really
the sweet thing is... they are made to be worn w/o socks
that really appeals to me... and i think they look pretty cool... in a surfy way... hmmm

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Laver nylon is perfect for summer. cant stand cvos and vans

DSC01563.JPG

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Please use the forum zappos link in the "support the forum" page linked above if you order from them. Help keep the lights on. Thanks.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just got a pair of these tretorns. They're available at Zappos too.
shoes_iaec1027525.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics