1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Light colored ties - I admit I don't ged it.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SamSpade, Dec 2, 2010.

1. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

I think one thing that can make a big difference is a light colored suit. Some combos don't look bad persay with a dark suit, but a medium to light gray, that light blue linen suit posted earlier, perhaps a beige suit if it suits your skintone, they can look outstanding.

As for aj's ties, how about a tan shirt and a ligther gray suit? Nice pair of medium brown shoes, perhpas suede, that could be a fantastic look.

2. nioh

nioh Senior member

Yellow ties are classic and have a place in every mans wardrobe.

I even wore light pink...some years ago.

3. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Light coloured ties are great in summer.

Of course...

Shades of cream ,lilac ,pink are beautiful in the heat...

4. Vecna

Vecna Senior member

[​IMG] http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...c-success.html
    This is exactly the sort of thing that I don't understand. In my opinion, there is little contrast between the shirt and the tie (especially relative to the dark jacket). It just grates against me. With a lighter toned jacket, I completely understand yellow with lavender or green with magenta. With a dark jacket, when you have light grey or cream on near-white i feel like it's too similar to white-on-white.