1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Light Colored Driving Loafers in the Summer time?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yufu22, Nov 21, 2012.

1. yufu22

yufu22 Well-Known Member

Hi SF! Quick question, I live in California and it's still about 70 degrees during the day.

Do you think I can wear light colored driving loafers... with some chinos rolled up and an oxford rolled up sleeves for a casual look?

The loafers are similar to this color and style but not exact, I just found the photo online. My loafers are suede and a light tannish / light greyish. THANK YOU!!

[​IMG]

2. yufu22

yufu22 Well-Known Member

3. gambit50

gambit50 Senior member

Those colors are... no bueno. And I don't care for those mocs either but you said yours are different.
    Rolled up chinos? What does that mean? I hope not what I am picturing.
    Also, tan shoes with tan/khakis? Again, I hope not.
    I wear loafers or driving shoes but usually they are a loud or at least popping color, actually.
    Summerish weather calls for it. Why be drab with warm sunshine. Yes, it can be sunny and cold, I know.

Sure, you can wear what you described.
    It just would not be very appealing to the eye.
    Or an eye that knows something.

4. yufu22

yufu22 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the reply... very helpful!!

OK... I guess these loafers are going back... I usually wear brogues, and the only really exciting shoe I have is a off green suede Paul Smith chukka... I guess I will stick to brogues... especially with my wardrobe... lots of oxfords and jeans...the preppy look I guess. I was thinking about doing something different but you're right after thought.