• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Light buttons on a dark sportcoat?

esquilax

Reaction score
So I found a medium grey prince of wales sportcoat that fit perfectly off the rack. The only problem is that the (black) buttons were the chinsy-est things I've ever seen. I'm thinking of buying some light brown or tan buttons to replace them, but I'm not sure how it would look. Has anyone done this before?

Also, I'm thinking of buying from Ascuteasabutton.com Anyone know of any other good sites, or any place in Chicago that has a nice selection of suit buttons?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would suggest a very dark or charcoal grey color for buttons. My favorites are usually a simulated horn that will have veins of various shades of ivory, dark brown and dark grey running through them.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 83 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 138 29.0%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%