1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Light brown suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman3, Mar 16, 2004.

1. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

And if you would wear it, is it something you can wear all year? I'm split on this. On the one hand, it seems a more flattering color than khaki. On the other, it's so much less cool than dark blue/black/charcoal.

2. gregory

gregory Senior member

I think khaki/light brown suits/jackets look terrific on clean-cut, somewhat thin men. Unfortunately, heavy men don't look particularly good in those colors.

3. Mitch D

Mitch D Well-Known Member

While I personally don't look very good in earth tones,I think adding a brown suit to your wardrobe might be a nice change of pace.

Not long ago I saw a beautiful medium brown w/beige chalkstripes,6 on 2 double breasted Brioni,in one of their ads. Absolutely stunning.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't add a lighter brown suit for Spring,or a darker brown in a heavier weight for Autumn/Winter.

4. faz63

faz63 Member

Brown suits, one word springs to mind. Disgusting, [​IMG] I would not wear one if you gave me one free.

5. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member

A brown suit co-ordinates very well with a pink shirt. You should try it.

It might change your life forever.

6. Alias

Alias Senior member

Yes, and please wear brown shoes. It really brings out the beauty of the leather. Failing that, I'm sure a pair of sneakers would complement nicely.

7. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

brown is a great color but it's not a good choice for a first or only suit. grey is probably the best color for this purpose.

8. kabert

kabert Senior member

I've got a suit that is dark beige that I receive lots of compliments on. It's a great looking suit, made by St. Andrews. It's nowhere near a chocolate brown color (considerably lighter), for example, which I definitely do not like, except perhaps a tweed blazer in dark brown.

9. dug

dug Well-Known Member

brown is for country