• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Light brown suits

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And if you would wear it, is it something you can wear all year? I'm split on this. On the one hand, it seems a more flattering color than khaki. On the other, it's so much less cool than dark blue/black/charcoal.

gregory

Reaction score
And if you would wear it, is it something you can wear all year?  I'm split on this.  On the one hand, it seems a more flattering color than khaki.  On the other, it's so much less cool than dark blue/black/charcoal.
I think khaki/light brown suits/jackets look terrific on clean-cut, somewhat thin men. Unfortunately, heavy men don't look particularly good in those colors.

Mitch D

Reaction score
While I personally don't look very good in earth tones,I think adding a brown suit to your wardrobe might be a nice change of pace.

Not long ago I saw a beautiful medium brown w/beige chalkstripes,6 on 2 double breasted Brioni,in one of their ads. Absolutely stunning.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't add a lighter brown suit for Spring,or a darker brown in a heavier weight for Autumn/Winter.

faz63

Reaction score
Brown suits, one word springs to mind. Disgusting,
I would not wear one if you gave me one free.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Brown suits, one word springs to mind.
Disgusting,
A brown suit co-ordinates very well with a pink shirt. You should try it.

It might change your life forever.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A brown suit co-ordinates very well with a pink shirt. You should try it.

It might change your life forever.
Yes, and please wear brown shoes. It really brings out the beauty of the leather. Failing that, I'm sure a pair of sneakers would complement nicely.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And if you would wear it, is it something you can wear all year?  I'm split on this.  On the one hand, it seems a more flattering color than khaki.  On the other, it's so much less cool than dark blue/black/charcoal.
brown is a great color but it's not a good choice for a first or only suit. grey is probably the best color for this purpose.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a suit that is dark beige that I receive lots of compliments on. It's a great looking suit, made by St. Andrews. It's nowhere near a chocolate brown color (considerably lighter), for example, which I definitely do not like, except perhaps a tweed blazer in dark brown.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.