Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Light Blue Dress Shirt with Navy Chinos?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tb43, Apr 11, 2013.

1. tb43

tb43 Senior member

As this is my first post, I want to thank everyone for providing some excellent information on this forum. I enjoy learning something new everyday!

I have a business casual dilemma, with very little clothing to work with. Please help!

Shoes:
    AE Fifth Avenue in Black
    J&M Gray Suede Chukkas
    Cole Haan Black Slip On Venetian Style Dress Shoes

Pants:
    Navy Chino
    Medium Gray Chino

Dress Shirts:
    Light Blue
    White with gray herringbone pattern
    White

I have an occasion tomorrow where business casual is required. I wish I could wear my fifth avenue's, but the general consensus seems to be that they are too formal for anything but a suit. With that being said, I would prefer wearing my gray suede chukkas.

Can I wear gray shoes, navy chinos, black belt, and a light blue dress shirt? I apologize if this question is stupid, I tried using the search function and my situation seems to be pretty specific due to the fact that I have very few clothes to work with. The chinos are on the dressier side, so I was even thinking I may just wear the fifth avenues (would this be worse than the previous option?).

Thanks in advance!

2. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

Just going by your description, I'd go with the CH loafers with the navy chinos and light blue shirt. Black and navy looks pretty solid.

3. tb43

tb43 Senior member

Thank you! Appreciate the response