1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Life's a bitch

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by johnw86, Mar 6, 2005.

1. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

It's a terrible weekend and I guess I need to vent a little.

Last week, I finished up an 18-month project at work to major kudos for the two of us who guided the project to a successful finish.  That was Thursday afternoon.  Friday night my project co-manager had a heart attack and died.  48-years old, 3 kids and a loving wife.  He was a major player in the organization and will be impossible to replace.  (Yes, I know we can find someone with the skill set, but I doubt we'll ever find the skill set AND a personality--upbeat, supportive, and sincere--to match his.)

A great guy, gone much too soon.

2. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

Condolences to you, and his family, as I am sure from the whole SF family.

3. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

sorry to hear that, my condolences, as well. you never get used to that.

4. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

Thanks, guys. Today's going to be an sad day here at work. (Tomorrow too--memorial is at 11 Tuesday.)