• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lidfort sizing

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I remember well, I ordered from Yoox a few months ago some loafers size 8 and 8.5UK and suede monks size 8.5UK. They run TTS in my opinion. I am 8.5UK in most English shoes and 8UK/42IT in Santoni/Sutor. I'll repost the pics of 3 pairs bought from Yoox some while ago.
I might get one more pair from www.threedifferent.com, I think at 130 USD they are a great value. Currently some Lidfort loafers are at 315USD on Yoox and the black boots at 250USD.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Barneys ones are TTS.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with Spoo.

I've got a sweet pair of wholecut loafers, barely worn, burgundy. Marked 8.5 and thus US 9.5.

Anyone want them?

:spam:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I agree with Spoo.
I've got a sweet pair of wholecut loafers, barely worn, burgundy. Marked 8.5 and thus US 9.5.
Anyone want them?
:spam:

Hai, I am 9.5.

meister

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lidfort does NOT use UK sizing. It is typical ITALIAN sizing. Like Sutor, Testoni, Santoni, and many other Italian makers, they have models available in US TTS sizing (for the giant US market)& Italian sizing (for everyone else). Italian sizing is 1 1/2 sizes (plus a tad bit more) larger than US. SO...... Lidfort's 7 Italian fits like a roomy US 8 1/2D.

There is no doubt about this.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 5 pairs of Lidfort shoes, bought in Italy with only UK size printed if I remember well. Sizing similar to other Italian brands, a bit ellongated and narrow. The ones on Yoox are UK sized also.

Last edited:

mtmindc

Reaction score

Lidfort does NOT use UK sizing. It is typical ITALIAN sizing. Like Sutor, Testoni, Santoni, and many other Italian makers, they have models available in US TTS sizing (for the giant US market)& Italian sizing (for everyone else). Italian sizing is 1 1/2 sizes (plus a tad bit more) larger than US. SO...... Lidfort's 7 Italian fits like a roomy US 8 1/2D.
There is no doubt about this.

So when it says on Yoox "The size indicated on the product's label is 11 (UK Size)," that means it will fit like a 12.5 US? Just confirming.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pair I've posted above are marked 8.5 and say made for Barney's on the inside sole lining. So I thought when I snagged them on Ebay I presumed they would be US sized. They certainly aren't. They are a 9.5/10.

:cloud:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So when it says on Yoox "The size indicated on the product's label is 11 (UK Size)," that means it will fit like a 12.5 US? Just confirming.

More or less, yes.

Maddening, isn't it?

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have 5 pairs of Lidfort shoes, bought in Italy with only UK size printed if I remember well. Sizing similar to other Italian brands, a bit ellongated and narrow. The ones on Yoox are UK sized also.

Do NOT trust Yoox. They have no idea what the heck they're saying with sizing. For LIDFORT, they are either TTS (rarely), or 1 1/2 sizes larger than marked (Italian sizing).

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.