• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lidfort shoes at Barneys?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that they are goodyear welted? I am thinking of getting a pair at the Barney's 40% off sale tomorrow. The model in question is a one eylelet derby, similar to the Corthay Arca (which has two eyelets) pictured in the attached link.

http://blog.leffot.com/category/brands/pierre-corthay/

I have searched the archives for Lidfort. Only a few mentions. mostly positive. Is $420 too much for Lidforts? Thoughts about the model I am considering?

Thanks.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Beautiful shoe. No idea if it is welted or not.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lidfort.jpg

PG_10301.5235_FS.jpg

These are worn by Scott (The Sartonialist) and I recall him saying they were welted.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lidforts are nice. they go on sale at barneys frequently for $400ish. They do not get much love here since they are "mid-range." if they fit, get them. lovely shoes.

timeless

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bry2000
I found a photo of the shoes I am considering. I have attached it to this message. What are your thoughts in terms of the style, quality and price (~$420 on sale)? Thanks.
I have this shoe and love it...every time I wear it I get a compliment!

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that Lidfort or Harris which is exclusively sold via Barneys ?
I always mix the two up.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen Harris at a couple of other places, never Lidfort though. They might have similar exclusivity with Bettanin

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CHITON

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Beautiful shoe. No idea if it is welted or not.

It is welted.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is very well made and the one on a picture I think is GoodYear welted. I saw it last year at Barney's on sale they were I belive around 300.00 sale price.
They are beautifull shoes .

sfo423

Reaction score
Anyone know who is currently making Barney's line of shoes? They have some decent looking models and I assume those will be the sale shoes today.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought that many of them were blake. I have a pair of double monks from a few years ago and they are blake. I think $420 is too much for them, unless it's a style you love and can't get elsewhere. The leather does not seem as good as C&J.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought at least some of them were blake stitched too.

sfo423

Reaction score
I was surprised that Barneys had a good selection of shoes, and most were on sale (minus the Berlutti's).

They are stocking the Westbourne now and I have been lusting after a pair for a while. Was close to calling PLAL. I tried a pair on at Barneys and to my surprise, the last does not work for me. Toe is too pointy and made my feet look like they were size 15. I'll stick w/my 337s.

I did find a nice pair of Harris' for about $350. These are substantial shoes, remind me of the norvegese stitched goodyear Borgioli (a very under-rated shoe IMO). Sales guy was also going track down a pair of Harris wingtips that I liked (but they were out of) and ship them to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads