• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lidfort double monks, size 9/9.5

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am offering for sale the Lidfort double monks I bought at the Barney's Warehouse Sale. Given a number of other costly purchases, I think it may be better to sell these, though they are truly beautiful, and I think would be quite useful. They are Blake stitched. Size is listed as 8. Barneys had them shelved with the 9s, but I wear a size 9.5 and these fit fine. Retail price was $645. They still had a number of other identical pairs (in other sizes) priced at $319. Mine were cheaper, due, I believe, to an error on Barneys part in the markdown pricing. I am asking $300. That includes shipping in the US and Canada. PM me if you are interested.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are beautiful shoes, chorse. Can you give us a little information about Lidfort? I seem to recall that they're hooked up with (or related in some way to) another shoe maker. Was it Weston? Testoni? Maybe I'm confused on this.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know much about Lidfort. They tend to make some really out there designs, which I've only seen in Barneys. I snagged these because they are much more classic.

According to the company, it's a family run business that dates from 1945, and the founder Lido Fortuna (hence Lidfort) is still active. The shoes say they are hand made. To what extent, I have no idea.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
10.5 and they'd be sold.
smile.gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How narrow is the last? I have a relatively wide instep and often wear a 9.5E. You think these will work? I am a bit concerned given they are marked a size 8. Thanks

EL

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
10.5 and they'd be sold.
smile.gif

Me too; I thought the EXACT same thing. I saw many pairs of Lidfort when I lived over in Japan and they are very nice. Plus, the color on these is really nice. Good luck! I hope somebody grabs them up.

John

Ed355

Reaction score
I may be interested. What size do you wear in the Mackay? And how do they compare to the Mackays (in terms of size)? Thanks.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I had a friend check, and the original price on these was $645.

I'm afraid I don't have a pair of Mackays (shocking, I know!), or any EGs. I wear a 9.5 US/8.5E UK in Crockett & Jones. I wear a 9.5 in Paul Stuart Grensons.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear an 8.5D - if we can get the sizing issue resolved - SOLD

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The sole measures 12" long by 4.25" (at the widest).
The inside is tough to measure, but it comes out to 11.5" long.

The toe, as you can see, is a little pointed. My feet don't fill out to the end, but they are very comfortable, with pretty good arch support.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
The sole measures 12" long by 4.25" (at the widest).
The inside is tough to measure, but it comes out to 11.5" long.

The toe, as you can see, is a little pointed. My feet don't fill out to the end, but they are very comfortable, with pretty good arch support.

Those measurements suggest 9.5US to me. I take that size, and the insole lengths of all of my shoes tend to average around 11.5", depending on toe form.

Edit: Chorse, where are Lidforts made?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads