• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lidfort double monks, size 9/9.5

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am offering for sale the Lidfort double monks I bought at the Barney's Warehouse Sale. Given a number of other costly purchases, I think it may be better to sell these, though they are truly beautiful, and I think would be quite useful. They are Blake stitched. Size is listed as 8. Barneys had them shelved with the 9s, but I wear a size 9.5 and these fit fine. Retail price was $645. They still had a number of other identical pairs (in other sizes) priced at $319. Mine were cheaper, due, I believe, to an error on Barneys part in the markdown pricing. I am asking $300. That includes shipping in the US and Canada. PM me if you are interested.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are beautiful shoes, chorse. Can you give us a little information about Lidfort? I seem to recall that they're hooked up with (or related in some way to) another shoe maker. Was it Weston? Testoni? Maybe I'm confused on this.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know much about Lidfort. They tend to make some really out there designs, which I've only seen in Barneys. I snagged these because they are much more classic.

According to the company, it's a family run business that dates from 1945, and the founder Lido Fortuna (hence Lidfort) is still active. The shoes say they are hand made. To what extent, I have no idea.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How narrow is the last? I have a relatively wide instep and often wear a 9.5E. You think these will work? I am a bit concerned given they are marked a size 8. Thanks

EL

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
10.5 and they'd be sold.

Me too; I thought the EXACT same thing. I saw many pairs of Lidfort when I lived over in Japan and they are very nice. Plus, the color on these is really nice. Good luck! I hope somebody grabs them up.

John

Ed355

Reaction score
I may be interested. What size do you wear in the Mackay? And how do they compare to the Mackays (in terms of size)? Thanks.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I had a friend check, and the original price on these was $645.

I'm afraid I don't have a pair of Mackays (shocking, I know!), or any EGs. I wear a 9.5 US/8.5E UK in Crockett & Jones. I wear a 9.5 in Paul Stuart Grensons.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear an 8.5D - if we can get the sizing issue resolved - SOLD

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The sole measures 12" long by 4.25" (at the widest).
The inside is tough to measure, but it comes out to 11.5" long.

The toe, as you can see, is a little pointed. My feet don't fill out to the end, but they are very comfortable, with pretty good arch support.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
The sole measures 12" long by 4.25" (at the widest).
The inside is tough to measure, but it comes out to 11.5" long.

The toe, as you can see, is a little pointed. My feet don't fill out to the end, but they are very comfortable, with pretty good arch support.

Those measurements suggest 9.5US to me. I take that size, and the insole lengths of all of my shoes tend to average around 11.5", depending on toe form.

Edit: Chorse, where are Lidforts made?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.