• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Liberty of London - U.S. Made....

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nobody knows anything about Liberty of London ties made in the U.S? I wonder when and what it says about the quality. I'm going by the labels on the ties, of course (one silk, one cotton) and I have no qualms about their being "authentic L of L's.
eh.gif

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you referring to as "thrift shops?" The tie does look/feel as good and appear as well made as other Liberty ties I've seen, and I'm also certain I saw silk ties in their London flagship store, in case anyone is thinking they only make cotton ties.

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice but some information on their American-made ties, please.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Like Holliday & Brown, they did peacock prints for the foppish rebel in the 1960s.

Ah, I see. I prefer their Arts and Crafts stuff from Ye olden days. Not for clothes though.

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Liberty sell actual antiques or all "new to look old?" I love the true Arts and Crafts furnishings, architecture, etc. but they translate well to patterns for new items - ties, furniture, etc. Extremely well!

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lafont
Does Liberty sell actual antiques or all "new to look old?" I love the true Arts and Crafts furnishings, architecture, etc. but they translate well to patterns for new items - ties, furniture, etc. Extremely well!

Liberty sells actual antique patterns, in new-made textiles and stuff. They go through their back catalogue and re-release a number of them every season.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lafont
what is your point. It is a tie!
seven fold,hand made , machine liba make. what is the difference. how many times will you wear the tie?
do you like it? do you think you paid a fair price? are you happy with your purchase?

Liberty does interesting prints. I am not a huge fanof cotton ties as the creases do not always come out.

Carl

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
Lafont
what is your point. It is a tie!
seven fold,hand made , machine liba make. what is the difference. how many times will you wear the tie?
do you like it? do you think you paid a fair price? are you happy with your purchase?

Liberty does interesting prints. I am not a huge fanof cotton ties as the creases do not always come out.

Carl

Lafont = FormalFashion08/PoloRalph/Executive all grown up.

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"It's a tie".... Hee hee; ha ha, ho ho. Many of us have been spending lots and lots of hours on this forum with thousands and thousands of posts without worrying too much about the importance of such items as ties.... Look Sonny, ties are important. I mean REALLY important to those of us in the know! Get with it, man....
snork[1].gif

babygreenspots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been curious about US-made ties in general. A lot of brooks brothers ties seem to be made in the States. Are there serious large scale tie makers remaining?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads