• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LF: Tailor in Waterloo Ontario region

dethredic

Reaction score
I am looking to get my first quality suit. Some suggestions would be great. Also I don't have a high budget, so not someone who does only high quality stuff.

I have no experience with any of this.

ganziyama

Reaction score
I live in KW... are you looking to get bespoke or just looking for a reliable tailor for alterations?

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also lived in Waterloo. I would suggest going to Toronto to find a tailor.

dethredic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ganziyama
I live in KW... are you looking to get bespoke or just looking for a reliable tailor for alterations?
I am undecided at this point. Still doing research. Depends on the price I guess.
Originally Posted by GBear
I also lived in Waterloo. I would suggest going to Toronto to find a tailor.
I don't have the time because I am a student.

ganziyama

Reaction score
There is absolutely no way anyone can give you a half-decent answer if you don't know what you want out of a tailoring service. You should figure that out before you post something so vague.

dethredic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ganziyama
There is absolutely no way anyone can give you a half-decent answer if you don't know what you want out of a tailoring service. You should figure that out before you post something so vague.

As I said I am new to this whole thing.
Maybe you can give me a recommendation for each?

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
There are no good tailors. PM me and I can give you details of the person I use for minor alterations.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the prices around that region but for bespoke, you're looking to at least $3,000. Lol, so what. Both I and ganziyama are students as well. You can find time or just look into alterations. You cannot buy any "quality" suits in KW. There simply aren't any stores. You'll need to travel down to Toronto anyway.

Where are you at btw? UW or Laurier?

dethredic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBear
Not sure about the prices around that region but for bespoke, you're looking to at least $3,000. Lol, so what. Both I and ganziyama are students as well. You can find time or just look into alterations. You cannot buy any "quality" suits in KW. There simply aren't any stores. You'll need to travel down to Toronto anyway.

Where are you at btw? UW or Laurier?

uw

ganziyama

Reaction score
Since you're a student, have you looked into online options? There are many threads about it on styleforum and afterwards you can always get it altered. I needed the sides taken in of a casual button-down shirt so I just took it to Conestoga Mall (Altered Image) as a test drive. I can't recommend it obviously for a wardrobe staple such as a suit but for a cheap casual button-down they did a decent job though they do not really cater to a picky sartorial market.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
What are you looking to have done? As I stated, I have someone who is more than capable of doing minor alterations at reasonable prices.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only half decent place in Waterloo to buy a OTR suit is at Channer's. The places are Fairview and Conestoga are TERRIBLE.

bing

Reaction score
i'm not from the KW but there is TONS of bucks there what with RIM and the other big boys... there has to be decent tailors in the area... they're just not targeting students.

talk to the best dressed professor you have and he'll help you find who Balsillie uses
smile.gif

dethredic

Reaction score
I am taking Engineering.

I guess I will check out some of the OTR suits. I will have a chance to see a tailor in TO in the summer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads