Levi's Workwear by Filson - Now @ www.levis.com

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by spudnik99, Aug 10, 2010.

1. tweedydon

tweedydon Senior member

BTW, I take it that people who are ordering the Trucker jacket are familiar with just how incredibly tin-like Filson's tin cloth is? I mention this as my tin Packer coat is starting to break in after almost ten years of being used for serious heavy-duty workwear, and my guess is that while his jacket looks uber-cool, it'll be pretty unwearable as a casual jacket. Just thought I'd mention this unless ppl buy this thinking it'll have drape and be comfortable!

2. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

BTW, I take it that people who are ordering the Trucker jacket are familiar with just how incredibly tin-like Filson's tin cloth is? I mention this as my tin Packer coat is starting to break in after almost ten years of being used for serious heavy-duty workwear, and my guess is that while his jacket looks uber-cool, it'll be pretty unwearable as a casual jacket. Just thought I'd mention this unless ppl buy this thinking it'll have drape and be comfortable!
    I sure hope it's heavy duty because I plan on wearing the shit out of it. My concern was that it wouldn't be tough enough since the fabric is only 8.5oz.

I think this is a pretty accurate depiction of the fit and fabric of the jacket, with a photo of some worn in tin cloth:
    http://mistermort.typepad.com/mister...-on-aylin.html

3. raven37457

raven37457 Senior member

I sure hope it's heavy duty because I plan on wearing the shit out of it. My concern was that it wouldn't be tough enough since the fabric is only 8.5oz. I think this is a pretty accurate depiction of the fit and fabric of the jacket, with a photo of some worn in tin cloth: http://mistermort.typepad.com/mister...-on-aylin.html
    Same here. I also hope the fabric is as wind-resistant as the description claims. If so, I can wear this throughout the winter. Also, the fabric is 12.5 oz. as per the Filson description. Oil Finish Trucker Jacket Style Number 10502 $188.00 Features Abrasion and wind resistant. Soft brushed moleskin collar and cuffs. 6 metal rivet button front closure. Adjustable metal rivet button cuffs. Adjustable side waist tabs. Fabric Made from 12.5-oz. 100% cotton oil finish Tin Cloth. Sizes S, M, L, XL Care Do not wash or dry clean. Clean spots on surface with a damp cloth. Use stiff brush to clean away loose surface soil or dirt. Country Of Origin United States http://www.filson.com/product/prodpo...ductId=4190861

4. PeterParker

Interesting. I was going by what was in their catalog booklet. [​IMG]

5. raven37457

raven37457 Senior member

6. Rompson

Rompson Senior member

Also looks like the jacket in the catalog has a red tab whereas the actual jacket has a white Levis tab.

7. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Tried on a L today in-store and it felt like a "typical" M to me. Didn't get a chance to try a XL.

8. wsblend

wsblend Well-Known Member

I could've sworn I saw someone wearing the Type III the other day in Berkeley. It really caught my eye b/c it was so novel and I liked it instantly.

And now I see it's sold out [​IMG].

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

The type 3 jacket will let you choose L and XL but the cart reflects that they're sold out now. Somebody post pics and impressions when they get it in.

10. Django

Django Senior member

My stuff shipped so it looks like we don't have to worry about them pulling some "order canceled" shit for people who used the coupon codes.

11. Seafinch

Seafinch Senior member

Mine shipped too... now I just hope it fits.

12. PeterParker

Gah! Still waiting for mine to ship. *fingers crossed*

13. muffinman

muffinman Senior member

If anyone receives a large in the filson jacket that doesn't fit I will gladly take it off your hands!

14. MinnesotaNice

MinnesotaNice Well-Known Member

saw the jacket in-store today and it definitely fits small. I usually wear small or XS, and the small was too tight across the chest and too short on the arms. Fabric felt very dourable, although not particularly comfortable as a result.

15. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Got ship confirmation on my shirt tonight, looking forward to checking this one out when it arrives. Hope the fit is ok.