• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levi's Workwear by Filson - Now @ www.levis.com

mikeman

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures. I'm betting a medium will be a bit tight on me, but I'm sure I can always get rid of it.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Thanks for the pictures. I'm betting a medium will be a bit tight on me, but I'm sure I can always get rid of it.

that jacket looks tight on him, so I think it would be even worse on you. worst case scenario, you could always layer something underneath. or return it.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read that the most recent productions fit larger. If the fit pics on the last page are from a newer production then that's probably not true because that one fits like the medium I had. Production dates should be on the tag.

Last edited:

Nykwil

Reaction score
care to explain what makes it look tight on me? I think the nature and stiffness of the oil finish makes the fabric fold and pull in ways softer fabrics wont. (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the jacket looks better crinkled up in the arms and some areas.) sleeves look long but hang perfect when I hold them up as if holding a steering wheel which makes me feel it is designed and fits as intended, like a trucker should

In the buttoned up pics I'm wearing 2 layers (T and a henly) and I carry a pocket knife and joints/lighter in my chest pockets so the pulling on the chest is from that.

Also i wouldn't trust the production date on the tag on the inside, ordered straight from Filson (end of March 2013), Tag has a date of 8-1-2010. My left pocket tag is silver and only has an R on it, doesnt say LeVi's

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I read that the most recent productions fit larger. If the fit pics on the last page are from a newer production then that's probably not true because that one fits like the medium I had. Production dates should be on the tag.

i thought it was the other way around - that the newer production lines fit tighter than the old jackets, no?

care to explain what makes it look tight on me? I think the nature and stiffness of the oil finish makes the fabric fold and pull in ways softer fabrics wont. (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the jacket looks better crinkled up in the arms and some areas.) sleeves look long but hang perfect when I hold them up as if holding a steering wheel which makes me feel it is designed and fits as intended, like a trucker should

In the buttoned up pics I'm wearing 2 layers (T and a henly) and I carry a pocket knife and joints/lighter in my chest pockets so the pulling on the chest is from that.

Also i wouldn't trust the production date on the tag on the inside, ordered straight from Filson (end of March 2013), Tag has a date of 8-1-2010. My left pocket tag is silver and only has an R on it, doesnt say LeVi's

the way its pulling around the shoulder/chest area. it could be an effect of the layer/lighting/pic. just looks a little snug from over here.

Kwaker

Reaction score
Nykwil - The fit looks right. From personal experience, you'd be unhappy with the next size up. I was swimming in a medium, but found the small quite snug when buttoned up. The thing to point out is that the canvas material has absolutely zero-stretch!

Nosu3 - I wouldn't rely too much on the production date because every one I've seen says 08-01-2010.

For reference, these were the measurements that I took (small/medium):

Shoulder = 19.5 / 21
Chest = 16.5 / 17.5
Sleeve = 25 / 25.25
Back = 24.5 / 25
Waist = 17.5 / 18.5

mikeman

Reaction score
Got my hands on a large. I have the feeling it's going to fit a little better than a medium would have. Ill report back when I get it.

Jeepindiver

Reaction score
Mikeman, how does your Large fit? I'm trying to get my hands on as large as well, but it's hard to tell what size I would/will need. I'm only 5'10, but weigh about 195 lbs. (gym rat). I figure a M will be too tight in the chest

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At 6'3" 175 a large is great on me. Slim in body but not super tight, and the arms are long enough.

If you're 195, at 5'10", I can't imagine the shoulders and chest will fit comfortably even if the rest of the jacket works well.

mikeman

Reaction score
Should have clarified. My jacket will be delivered on Tuesday. I'll try and post some pictures then. I'm hoping the large fits, but wouldn't be surprised if I had to exchange it for a medium.

Jeepindiver

Reaction score
oboy, thanks for the reply. So you think even a Large isn't going to work for me? Filson's Customer Service sent me the specs for S-XL. My chest size (44.5") is just a hair larger than what they list for the large (43.75"). They list the XL at 46.75" though, which might work with a shirt or two underneath, but I think the rest of the jacket will be way too big. From the numbers she sent me, the sleeves and the body of the jacket will both be too long. At 6'3" I'm sure your arms are much longer than mine. Suggestions??

Mikeman, if you could let me know how your Large fits when you get it, I'd certainly appreciate it.

milesbeyond

Reaction score
oboy, thanks for the reply. So you think even a Large isn't going to work for me? Filson's Customer Service sent me the specs for S-XL. My chest size (44.5") is just a hair larger than what they list for the large (43.75"). They list the XL at 46.75" though, which might work with a shirt or two underneath, but I think the rest of the jacket will be way too big. From the numbers she sent me, the sleeves and the body of the jacket will both be too long. At 6'3" I'm sure your arms are much longer than mine. Suggestions??

Mikeman, if you could let me know how your Large fits when you get it, I'd certainly appreciate it.

I'm 5'10"/195lbs (have gained about 15 lbs in the last 6 months...) and I wear a large. I have slightly longer arms and a long torso. It fits great on me. I'll try and snap a picture sometime soon, but I wear it with flannels/oxfords/sweaters and I have just the right amount of room for it. I could wear it with a T-shirt but I feel like it may be a touch loose for that. If I wanted to exclusively wear it with a t-shirt, I'm sure a medium would work for me, but I personally don't like the super tight trucker jacket look.

Definitely don't get an XL. I actually started with an XL and rolled up the sleeves to show the moleskin and for heavy layering, but it was just too boxy and already kept me plenty warm. Took it back and got a large. One of my favorite pieces, I wish other Filson pieces had the Levi's cut.

Jeepindiver

Reaction score
miles, thanks for the info and the heads up. If you could could snap a pic or two when you get a chance, that would be great. In the meantime, I'm keeping my eyes open for a Tan in Large.

the shivman

Reaction score
I managed to get a hold of 4 limited edition green trucker jackets. There were only 140 of these bad boys produced.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads