• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis White Jean Sherpa Jacket

miguelluna

Reaction score
Hello,
I've been looking for a Levis' white denim sherpa lined jacket. I saw someone wearing one several years ago and it was about the coolest thing ever. The lining on the darker denim versions is an off-white color but on the white denim version the lining (cotton material?) was just as bright white as the coat.

Has anyone ever seen this jacket before? I want to buy one so bad. I've looked on ebay and other places off and on for the past couple of years with no luck.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get one custom made?

Thanks...

By the way this is my first post. I just discovered this sweet website.

p.trick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by miguelluna
Does anyone know if it's possible to get one custom made?

Due to the inefficiency of the enterprise (unclaimed orders, dissatisfied customers, etc), Levi's no longer offers a customization service.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Japan

Everyone I've ever seen in one is Japanese.

You might get extremely lucky and find one on Ebay or in a thrift store... but outside of Japan I feel like it will be pretty difficult for you to find a white Levis sherpa jacket. You might try some other brands though.

robbie

nedleeds

Reaction score
I'm also searching for a jacket like this one, if anyone has any information (specifically on a Gap kind in a small or medium) that'd be great.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
^^^^ it wouldn't look white I don't think.

you could try it, either bleach or RIT color remover.

robbie

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
From what I've seen, RIT color remover doesn't do much for factory dye, its more meant for when you accidentally let a red sock fall in with your whites. It seems like consistent re-bleaching should remove all color, shouldn't it?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
You could probably dampen the coat with a spray bottle and then sprinkle a thick layer of Comet or Ajax with bleach(its comes that way, I would not suggest mixing ajax and bleach) on it, and then wash it with half a cup or so of bleach with a full tub of water, and then use a bleach pen too.

I doubt people would want to go to all that trouble though, its probably easier for them to just purchase it...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads