• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis type 1 jeans

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What do you guy think of Levis Type 1 jeans? Has anyone tried on the "Real Loose" models? How do they fit - true to size? Meaning if I wear a size 38 should I order a 38 or a smaller size? I haven't found a store where I can try them on yet.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Were those the ones with the Super Bowl ad that had the man and woman stand there while the stampede went around them.

If so, I have to say that I thought the ad was so stupid that I haven't even looked for them in the stores. What a waste of money to buy an ad that dumb on the Super Bowl.

Bradford

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I haven't seen any ads for them so I can't comment on that. I'm just interested in how they fit and how they compare to other jeans.

scottmag

Reaction score
If so, I have to say that I thought the ad was so stupid that I haven't even looked for them in the stores. What a waste of money to buy an ad that dumb on the Super Bowl.

So stupid that you still remember it.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
True - I remember it, but I'm weird that way. A real media, pop-culture trivia nut.

Just didn't understand the concept of why a stampede of bulls would make you want to buy a pair of jeans.

Bradford

Mike

Reaction score
So stupid that you still remember it.
I don't think he's so stupid. Â It wasn't just shown during the Super Bowl. Â I saw that commercial at least 2 or 3 times during the Simpsons every week as well as 24. Â It was my least favorite commercial of the Super Bowl for one reason- what the hell does it mean? Â I'm a Film and Video major so I get all the double, triple and quadruple meanings in film but I got nothing for this. Â Just two morons standing in the street crying while stampeding bulls run past them.
smile.gif
As for the pants, I got nothing. Â I'd actually like to know about them because I'm a fan of Levi's. Â Not such a huge fan of "super loose" though.

Timothy

Reaction score
The point of the Type 1 jeans is that the stiching in the pants, especially the gulls on the pockets are supposed to be brought to attention with brighter, thicker threads in varying colors. The stimuli for this is that the designer noticed that in print ads these areas were hilighted anyways. I think the point of the ad is that the buffalo see this, thus move aside.. .. ..

Fernando

Reaction score
I used to buy silvertab loose jeans. I am a waist 30 but those jeans were so massive that a 28 waist would have been o.k. due to the fact that you should buy a smaller waist than you actually are. However I don´t recommend buying so loose jeans. You look kind of silly like a clown.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
However I don't recommend buying so loose jeans. You look kind of silly like a clown.

Actually I look "silly like a clown" in regular-cut jeans. I'm 6'4", 235lbs and I have a lot of muscle on my legs. Regular jeans look like they were shrink-to-fit or something. The loose models fit me properly.

cakeysmom

Reaction score
I bought some size 29-32 and they fit me good, made my legs look very slim, I tried skinny ladies jeans and they make my legs look fat. I weigh 123 and am 5'7 and swim a lot. Nothing should make me look fat. But for some reason women's jeans just always fit me funny. Too big or too skinny in the legs, too small in the waist with legs that look like elephant pants, etc the list goes on and on. I like them but I am not a guy. If you want comfortable jeans these are.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^

not a come on or anything, but a woman in a pair of guy's jeans (especially 501s) is just about the hottest thing. i never understood the philosophy behind women's jeans.

501s forever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads