• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levi's made in USA?

ROP

Reaction score
What's the story on the new 501s that are made with Cone denim in the USA? Anyone have them.

For whatever reason they don't have any size 34 in raw denim but they used to. Anyone know where you may be able to find?

ROP

Reaction score
For reference they are on the Levi's website

S-Town

Reaction score
so, these basically look like the future LVC 2011....Actually, they look really nice!!! I also need a 34. I think if there was one available, I'd snatch it up.

ROP

Reaction score
There are LVCs coming out in 2011?

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Animation-Glitter-1.jpg

S-Town

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ROP
There are LVCs coming out in 2011?

No, I was just saying that it looks like they are trying to make a current 501 that might be worth reproducing at some point in the future. No one will want repros of today's regular 501s.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
holy ****. i went to this levi's site and then they asked me to do a survey. i clicked on it hoping they would bribe me to do it or otherwise compensate me. the survey is ******* infinite. every question you answer brings up more digging personal questions. there were over 50 questions on this *****. this **** was asking me how i feel about my future my household income etc. who the **** would complete this? why would i buy from these weirdos?

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
holy ****. i went to this levi's site and then they asked me to do a survey. i clicked on it hoping they would bribe me to do it or otherwise compensate me.

the survey is ******* infinite. every question you answer brings up more digging personal questions. there were over 50 questions on this *****. this **** was asking me how i feel about my future my household income etc.

who the **** would complete this? why would i buy from these weirdos?

thats why you don't buy anything from levis unless you find it in a boutique and it has LVC on it

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
holy ****. i went to this levi's site and then they asked me to do a survey. i clicked on it hoping they would bribe me to do it or otherwise compensate me. the survey is ******* infinite. every question you answer brings up more digging personal questions. there were over 50 questions on this *****. this **** was asking me how i feel about my future my household income etc. who the **** would complete this? why would i buy from these weirdos?
I just went and poked around a bit but didn't get the pop-up. Do you recall if it was a ForeSee survey by any chance? Professional curiosity.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it might have been. i don't recall any details.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I know some people there. wEstSidE, will pass along your feedback.
lol8[1].gif

Fortysomething

Reaction score
Originally Posted by S-Town
No, I was just saying that it looks like they are trying to make a current 501 that might be worth reproducing at some point in the future. No one will want repros of today's regular 501s.

Why do you say that? Details rather than value laden terms that don't really say much about why one wouldn't repros of today's version.
smile.gif
Thanks.

PS...RCJ!

S-Town

Reaction score
^
I actually like the cut of today's 501s. I just don't see any desire 30 years down the road, to reproduce the denim used for today's regular production 501s. I may be wrong though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics