Levis guidance

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Great Satchmo, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Great Satchmo

Great Satchmo Well-Known Member

I've somehow never owned a pair of levis jeans and I need to pick up a pair or two to replace a pair of Kasil jeans that are about ready to give out (hole forming on front pocket, awkward).

I'm looking for something that I can also wear with a sport coat, and that will work well for a mid/late 20-something professional.

I have no idea what models to look at.

2. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

jeans with a sport coat is a very current hip look that you should do! Id recommend a Madison brooks brothers blazer with a good 501 fit jean. Id get one of the distressed variations as the STF are stiff and feel like crap. Also Levis will shrink a ton int he wash so size up one to two inches. I personally wear my cole hans with some cool distressed 501s and a black blazer all the time.

3. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

501 STF is the only mainline Levi I would recommend. The BB made in America version is expensive, but I hear they're nice. No experience personally though.

I like the limited editions sometimes too. But thats just me, I have no jeans-style.

4. XeF4

XeF4 Senior member

jeans with a sport coat is a very current hip look that you should do! Id recommend a Madison brooks brothers blazer with a good 501 fit jean. Id get one of the distressed variations as the STF are stiff and feel like crap. Also Levis will shrink a ton int he wash so size up one to two inches. I personally wear my cole hans with some cool distressed 501s and a black blazer all the time.

10/10

5. madstaxbro

madstaxbro Senior member

You ought to get some 201s.

6. loreley

loreley Senior member

Sid Mashburn look perhaps? 501 STF, then after shrinking hem to minimal break and taper slightly.

7. lckychrmsbboy

lckychrmsbboy Senior member

um...thread is like 2 years old!