• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

levis denim

earlburtnett

Reaction score
hi I noticed levis are coming out with stretch and for that im happy..the only thing is the
stretch in the waist seems to be very inconsistent...I bought about 18 pairs of the 511 stretch but the waists are a problem..i have 6 of the 18 great but the rest have issues with the elastic some don't have elastic at all...has anyone had that problem with levis jeans?

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi I noticed levis are coming out with stretch and for that im happy..the only thing is the
stretch in the waist seems to be very inconsistent...I bought about 18 pairs of the 511 stretch but the waists are a problem..i have 6 of the 18 great but the rest have issues with the elastic some don't have elastic at all...has anyone had that problem with levis jeans?

I know Levis are renowned for fit inconsistency these days.

Todd Shelton

Reaction score
Is there a better brand than levis?

There are brands more consistent than Levi's for sure. I'm sure Levi's knows it has consistency issues, but at their size and price point, it would be almost impossible to be very consistent. I think a reasonable amount of inconsistency is something Levi's fans deal with and have tools to minimize, like trying on multiple pairs in a store and walking out with the one that fit the best. But regardless, your 12 of 18 jeans being a problem isn't good. Did you purchase all 18 in one shot? Or was that over the course of years?

earlburtnett

Reaction score
There are brands more consistent than Levi's for sure. I'm sure Levi's knows it has consistency issues, but at their size and price point, it would be almost impossible to be very consistent. I think a reasonable amount of inconsistency is something Levi's fans deal with and have tools to minimize, like trying on multiple pairs in a store and walking out with the one that fit the best. But regardless, your 12 of 18 jeans being a problem isn't good. Did you purchase all 18 in one shot? Or was that over the course of years?

earlburtnett

Reaction score
hi I bought these jeans online little by little I tried them on at my home..there was either no stretch
on the waist after the label said there was..theres an outlet store in jersey gardens mall but they only have
sizes the go up to 38 and im a 40..id love to buy these things at a walk in store..but no such luck

earlburtnett

Reaction score
hi I bought these jeans online little by little I tried them on at my home..there was either no stretch
on the waist after the label said there was..theres an outlet store in jersey gardens mall but they only have
sizes the go up to 38 and im a 40..id love to buy these things at a walk in store..but no such luck
these jeans are brand new..with tags on..their going back today

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads