• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis 514, raw

jsheppard

Reaction score
Does anyone have any more pics of these? I'm curious about the extent of the pre-scraped details and the stitching everyone is talking about.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
There are a couple prescraped photos in this thread or elsewhere if you search. They're not that bad. Thigh and knee ones will be overtaken by wear, and the shin ones aren't that noticeable. The stitching on the outside only goes down the mid thigh, but it's also not that big a deal. They're pretty low key jeans. They're alright, i wouldn't reccomend getting them if you have the money to get something else, but they're cheap and fun to mess around with if you like the 514 fit. I haven't tried them on, but i like the way the h&m raw sliqs looked in person more. Go for it. They're certainly not ugly, and they're cheap so you don't have much to lose.

ts4them

Reaction score
I was able to remove all 'offensive' stitching w/ a seam ripper in about 2 hours. I also took off Levi's tag and leather patch. I like them better now that they're more minimal. The denim's not great, but the cut IS, they are very flattering (more so than my Nudies).

jsheppard

Reaction score
I'm considering getting these or the H&M Sliqs. (To anyone who would know, how does the fit compare to the 514s? I like the 514 fit, but am curious about the Sliqs fit.) Would you mind posting pictures of the stitching removed? If you did a before/after, that would be perfect.

Thanks!

prozach1576

Reaction score
I wish the H&M in Ann Arbor actually had men's clothing. They have like two racks of men's stuff and 200 of women's. It's a big store too.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
an update:

I've had zero luck getting the pre-creases out, you can iron them but they don't stay down very long.
It's annoying because the denim is thinner at the factory crease, so even if you iron it, it naturally will re-crease there when you wear.
Oh, and I can't see much wiskering devolpoing because whenever you sitdown the jeans will only crease along the factory crease lines.

I really love the fit (besides the lowrise, which IMO makes peoples legs look short), and don't mind the stiching, but the creases look cheap.

This might just be me but while these don't strecth as much as 501s, I almost think I should have sized down at the waist because with the lowrise and everything it's getting kinda stretched (though I really dig tight waisted jeans).

Still, I like these jeans and look forward to trying to get rid of the stupid creasing.
any tips?
starch myaybe?

I'll get some pictures up too, or answer some questions.

I'm not really at a point in life where I can pay $150 for jeans, so I'm a fan of cheap jeans.
Maybe it's because of this, but I'll try to a avoid "who cares they're cheap comments", $50 is still too much to waste on something you'll hate and never wear, and besides, you often invest a large chunk of time breaking in jeans.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jsheppard
I'm considering getting these or the H&M Sliqs. (To anyone who would know, how does the fit compare to the 514s? I like the 514 fit, but am curious about the Sliqs fit.) Would you mind posting pictures of the stitching removed? If you did a before/after, that would be perfect.

Thanks!

Out of the box, the fit on these was indential to my 514s, but after a week of wear they stretch out in the thigh and ass a bit (I'm comparing to my 99% denim 1% spandex 514s).

The stitching isn't THAT bad, though they forgot to stitch one of my belt loops on all the way (annoying).

Besides the exposed back pocket rivets (which I should have noticed before working on newly finished hardwood floors) the rivets and button come from the factory black, but wear off exposing a shiny copper underneath pretty cool IMO.

ino

Reaction score
well id just order a pair and was wondering if they are too tight? aka nut hugger?
anyways i got the Rigid Scraped and was also wondering if the 6month wear to get a nice fade work on it also?

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pretty tight @ first, I wearthem kinda low so they don't cameltoe my junk.

jsheppard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
pretty tight @ first, I wearthem kinda low so they don't cameltoe my junk.

What's your normal waist size and what did you end up getting in the Sliqs?

ino

Reaction score
i am also curious of how it looks like in detail

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jsheppard
What's your normal waist size and what did you end up getting in the Sliqs?

sorry, though you were talking about 514s.

ino

Reaction score
lol i was talking about 514..
not sure about the other guy tho

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
The scrapes really aren't that bad, people. I've learned to live with them and no one can notice, especially after a few weeks of wear. There is nothing offensive about the stitching to anyone thinking of getting them. It's barely different than normal levis but the extra dark jeans make the stitching stand out more, obviously. They do stretch a bit like all jeans but a quick soak will get them back if that's a problem. I'm not sure about the fading because I don't wear mine every day or very hard. It's the standard 514 fit, if you're unsure you can go to pretty much any department store, pac sun, or other places to try on a pair to get a feel for it. The rigid 514s don't shrink and fit the same.

Other cheap raw or 1wash jeans(look raw) for people not wanting to spend $110 for apc or $130 for nudies for intro jeans.

-levis 514 rigid scraped
-levis other fits in rigid
-h&m raw sliqs(i'm sure there are dark 1wash colors)
-BDG 1wash- a member has them and they look to fit about the same as the 514 and are a dark indigo color(look raw but not)
-cheap monday- tight and regular fit raw jeans for about $50 i think
-probably more, but can't think of them

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
-levis 514 rigid scraped
-levis other fits in rigid
-h&m raw sliqs(i'm sure there are dark 1wash colors)
-BDG 1wash- a member has them and they look to fit about the same as the 514 and are a dark indigo color(look raw but not)
-cheap monday- tight and regular fit raw jeans for about $50 i think
-probably more, but can't think of them

The BDGs stretched a little around the waist and quite a bit around the thighs after a few wears. After a few wears, the fit is somewhat looser around the thigh area than a similar sized 514. They are have a streaky denim, similar to the Nudie "Flame" Svens. Whodini and I both have these.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads