• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis 513

your thoughts on 513

• aite

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • wack

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • get apczzzz

Votes: 20 33.3%

• Total voters

themlgoutlaw

Reaction score
I don't get it. So it's basically a hybrid of the 501 cut (higher waist) meet's a fit somewhere in between the 511 and 514?
If so i'll probably get because 511 makes me look gay, but the 514's just make me look like a college frat bro. no offence, just sayin.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
521 and 513's are two new cuts appearing everywhere.

WTF!

68stang

Reaction score
Anyone seen these in person? I would like to find an inexpensive slim 501. I need to just have 501's tapered but maybe this will fill that void?

Curious_George

Reaction score
The 511 has never worked for me because of the low rise and the 501 is nice but could benefit from more of a taper. So I guess this cut has me interested if it isn't just a variation on the 514.

Last edited:

TheDroog

Reaction score
Next time I see the 513 in person, I'll definitely try it out. For me the 511 is too skinny and low-rise, the 514 is too low rise, and the 501 is too baggy. The description of the 513 has potential. Sounds kind of like the Gap Authentic fit, which has unfortunately been phased out. But the 513 isn't even on the Levi's site, so I wonder if it's an UO exclusive.

DrBassie

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair. I hope it fits the bill.

68stang

Reaction score
I tried these on last week and they fit pretty nice. I still wish the rise was longer but the leg had a nice taper without looking like a complete skinny Jean. I have a friend discount card for urban so might pick them up for $35 with a current 40% off friends and family promo. I will try to post fit pictures if I get them. The best fitting denim I have tried on was Left Field slim straight due to the 501 style rise and slim tapered leg. These are like a medium rise cheap denim version.

Also, these as well as another new fit calle the slim taper are on levi's website now. I am suprised nobody has said much about these yet.

DrBassie

Reaction score

Also, these as well as another new fit calle the slim taper are on levi's website now. I am suprised nobody has said much about these yet.

That ankle hem is way too narrow for me. I like these (or the description) because they thigh and seat can fit my athletic butt and thighs, but keep the trim look down the leg.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if these suffer from the 511 diaper ass phenomenon?

DrBassie

Reaction score
I received the jeans yesterday and they are as described. They're exactly what I was expecting.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Nah, button fly is way better. Zippers are terrible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads