• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levi's 510 Super Skinny Rigid

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I tried a pair on and found them incredibly (erm... impossibly) slim. I suppose they will stretch some as they are rigid, but you might not want to size down much with them.

ComboOrgan

Reaction score
I tried a pair on today. I have a pair of soft rigid 511s, and the 510s were definitely slimmer. The denim seemed a little more elastic to to me, but it's possible it just seemed that way because the stretching was necessary to fit ****** in them.

jeansandtshirt

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. Hmmmm. What got me thinking about these the other day was finding a pair of 510s (in a much smaller size) at a discount store. I had never seen them before, thinking the 511 was as skinny as Levi's went. It was hard to tell how skinny they actually were since the size was quite small anyways. Since I'm more or less pushing it with the 511s (the 514 is more or less a better fit for me whether I want to admit it or not) I might have to pass on the 510s. Well, hopefully someone will see this thread that didn't know about them if they are looking for something that skinny.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i saw those too yesterday and tried them on ---- way too tight on my legs

i wouldnt even consider myself in the muscular legs category either; athletic and toned but not big

jaimejames

Reaction score
the 510's are truly SUPER skinny. very snug around the calves, too (and i'm built pretty slender). so, if you're not used to the form fitting kinda look and aren't comfortable with a slightly tight fit, these may be too extreme (compared to the 511's). personally, i love 'em and wish there were more colors (i only have the red twill and chipped/blue but may get the jet/black)

Edjeansguy

Reaction score
I already posted on the Ultimate Jean Help in regard to my ordering (not received yet) Levis 510 Super Skinny jeans in the rigid or raw indigo blue in 32" X 32" size. I sized down from my 33 1/2" waist and am wondering if I should have gone with the 33 waist size instead. I like wearing my jeans tight and have sized down even with slim or skinny styles by 7 For All Mankind, Diesel & Levis. So I hope that the 510s fit nice and tight without being binding or unconfortable in the waist even thought there is some stretch denim in them. I'm of slight frame and am 6 ft. and 175 lbs. and not skinny.

I have the Levis Skinner jeans (100% cotton & rigid) in 32" X 34", which appear to have similar low rise hip level waist band with a 9 1/2" rise like the 510s, however the Skinners are button fly with a boot cut. The Skinners have a fantastic tight fit in the seat, crotch and upper thighs and overall, I love how they feel when I'm wearing them. I've tried on the Levis 511 Skinny jeans in 32" X 32", but were not tight enough and with no 511s in 31" waist size, I tried on the 30" X 32", however they were too tight and binding on the waist though the tight fit elsewhere was satisfactory.

Does anyone have experience in wearing the 510s and can give some advice on down sizing, upsizing or just wearing them at your waist size, whether you have slight frame or are thinner?
Edjeansguy

ispace

Reaction score
There's some spandex in those jeans so you might be OK.

B.

keikun13

Reaction score
I tried on a pair of these maybe a month ago and they are tight (especially in the calves)! I have four pairs of 511s and they are semi-tight, but comfortable. 510s are indeed super skinny, a bit too skinny for me. They seemed to fit pretty true to size and I believe that there was some spandex in them as ispace pointed out. The denim did seem pretty nice (for the price) and I really liked the color.

Edjeansguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that the 510s in 32" X 32" will fit OK. The spandex blend should help with the stretch like my 7 For All Mankind Slimmies (sized down), which are a non-rigid indigo denim. As mentioned, I tried on a pair of the 511 Skinny jeans in non-rigid indigo denim (32" X 32") recently at Sears and I had no problem in buttoning the waist band and zipping them up. I presume that the waist band sizing is standard in the various Levis jean styles, especially between the 510s & 511s and that the rigid denim given some stretch with spandex won't be a factor with the 32" waist band possibly being unconfortable. The overall tightness of the 510s below the waist band is what I'm looking for and hopefully the tightness in the lower leg/calf area won't be of concern either. Has anyone tried a pair of 510s and how much tighter are they compared to the 511s in the seat, crotch and upper thighs? I'm 6ft., 175lbs. and light frame and build - not skinny.

I'll keep you posted as to how well they fit. I ordered them from PacSun and I noticed that some websites don't have the 510's in 33" waist size, so I don't don't know what the prospects are for getting a pair in 33" X 32" if needed. Any suggested websites or other sources for the 510s/511s with all of the sizes, etc.? I'm also in the market for some 511s too. Also, does anyone know if the 510s are only made in even waist sizes? I'm wondering, because the 511 size chart displayed at Sears showed no 511s in 31" waist size - only even sizes above size 30".
Edjeansguy

keikun13

Reaction score
I've seen the 510s at Macy's and 511s can be found almost anywhere that sells Levi's really. Though there are some rare "washes" that the 511s come in, I've only see the 510s in Ridgid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads