• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis 501XX 1947 Deadstock Jeans

Brian SD

Reaction score
I've got a couple pairs of Levis 501XX Deadstock Vintage jeans from the LVC collection.

They are perfect replicas of the 1947 (slimmest-fitting 501 made) 501XX jean and feature all of the uhh.. features, which include:

Slightly uneven arcuate stitching,
Redline Selvage
XX dual ringspun denim from Cone Mills
Concealed rivets
Selvage in the coin pocket
Orange and yellow stitching
"Big E" red tab

They are unwashed and are not sanforized (as the original 1947s), and thus will shrink quite a bit. Levis suggests to get them 2 (or 3, for larger sizes) inches up for the waist, and 4 inches for the length. However, if you do not like to wash your jeans (as many of us denim nerds), you would want to buy your normal waist size, and dry clean them to keep the wear going and the size consistent. These are the last of the Levis made in the USA, so supply is very limited.

I have:

31x34
30x34
40x38

Buy em here for $85 shipped (to the US) before they go on eBay, where they frequently sell for $150.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Updates:

I will get pictures ASAP - I dont have a camera myself so I need to find a friend to borrow from.

A few more things (I've had a couple questions through PMs):

These jeans are slim. They are slimmer than the 60s Levis and fit *WORLDS* better than the current 501s (not to mention vastly superior quality). The waist size measures exactly what the tag size is - the 30x34 measures 30" waist. They will shrink like the dickens when you wash them, so if you were to buy them in your size, you'd have to do ye olde shrink-to-fit method when you wash them of letting them dry on you (wear them into a bath and then leave them on until dry).

A slimmer 30 could wear the 31s (after shrinkage). If you soaked them in warm water for an hour+ right after you got them, the 40's could fit a 36 or a 37. I've heard that the longer you wear them without washing, the less they will shrink (but we're talking a year+ of no-water-washing to get this).

Dry cleaning will keep the sizing consistent, but I would personally just advise the patented shrink-to-fit bathing method I mentioned earlier - I am wearing a pair of 30s right now and to keep them consistent I'm gonna have to sit around in wet jeans for a couple hours.

Hope this answers any future questions. like I said, pictures ASAP.

delucajv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I've got a couple pairs of Levis 501XX Deadstock Vintage jeans from the LVC collection.

They are perfect replicas of the 1947 (slimmest-fitting 501 made) 501XX jean and feature all of the uhh.. features, which include:

Slightly uneven arcuate stitching,
Redline Selvage
XX dual ringspun denim from Cone Mills
Concealed rivets
Selvage in the coin pocket
Orange and yellow stitching
"Big E" red tab

They are unwashed and are not sanforized (as the original 1947s), and thus will shrink quite a bit. Levis suggests to get them 2 (or 3, for larger sizes) inches up for the waist, and 4 inches for the length. However, if you do not like to wash your jeans (as many of us denim nerds), you would want to buy your normal waist size, and dry clean them to keep the wear going and the size consistent. These are the last of the Levis made in the USA, so supply is very limited.

I have:

31x34
30x34
40x38

Buy em here for $85 shipped (to the US) before they go on eBay, where they frequently sell for $150.

I am interested in the 30X34 pair. I normally wear a size 30 and don't plan to wash them. So I should be okay, right?

aragon765

Reaction score
should be still available, it was only four years ago....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads