1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Levis 501 shrink to fit question

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by braidkid, Sep 12, 2006.

1. braidkid

braidkid Senior member

I ran across this on ebay...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/LEVIS-501-LVC-19...QQcmdZViewItem

They are a size 30/34...

My question is, are the actual measurements on these a couple inches larger then this so they shrink to 30/34?

Reason I ask, I wear 30 size waste and 34/35 inseam in most my jeans. My APC NS are size 28 and are perfect. Will these 30/34 shrink to fit levis be too small? Should I size up to a 32/36?

Thanks for your help.

2. TrojanGarb

TrojanGarb Senior member

It appears those are deadstock... so yes they will shrink to about 28". A prewashed LVC will be 2" smaller than the tag size as well.

If you want a 30, look for a 32 stf.
    edit: you would also want at least a 36" inseam to shrink down to 33-34"

3. ang_kangkong

ang_kangkong Senior member

Nothing about the jeans shrinking, just to let you know, the seller's inflating the retail price. It doesn't go up to $300.

4. braidkid

braidkid Senior member

5. braidkid

braidkid Senior member

Thank you much for the responses...

Anyone know where I can get these jeans in 31/32 waist and 36 inseam?

6. Stalker McStalkerson

Stalker McStalkerson Active Member

Try calling any of the Levi's stores. If you buy it over the phone, they'll ship them for free. You will have to pay sales tax however.

On a side note, the jeans in the above auction are selling more than full retail, even though the same pair/size can be found on levisstore.com for cheaper plus guaranteed authenticity. Perhaps the buyer was mislead by the seller claiming $325 MSRP?