• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis 501 new fit

contactdo

Reaction score
Thanks Fiddy. I'll give my 501's some time. I like the 2nd day pics.

Oh yah, and for anyone who doesn't want to pre-soak in a bathtub or have a huge sink, get one of those big, plastic storage tubs made by Rubbermaid or Sterilite to soak them in. They are like $7-$8 at Target or Wal-mart. They were perfect.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by contactdo
Thanks Fiddy. I'll give my 501's some time. I like the 2nd day pics.

Oh yah, and for anyone who doesn't want to pre-soak in a bathtub or have a huge sink, get one of those big, plastic storage tubs made by Rubbermaid or Sterilite to soak them in. They are like $7-$8 at Target or Wal-mart. They were perfect.

Why? What's wrong with soaking in a sink or bath tub?

dmass1

Reaction score
So I soaked a pair of the khaki 501 stf's last night and am wearing them today and I've noticed that the right leg has sort of twisted and was warped during the soaking process. It is so bad that the seams that should be on the sides of the pant leg are pretty much directly in the front and back. Has this ever happened to any of you? Is there any way to fix this with another soak?

contactdo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Why? What's wrong with soaking in a sink or bath tub?

For example, my bathtub doesn't have a stopper. Plus it was dirty. LOL. And I don't think a regular bathroom sink is deep enough. Atleast mine isn't.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmass1
So I soaked a pair of the khaki 501 stf's last night and am wearing them today and I've noticed that the right leg has sort of twisted and was warped during the soaking process. It is so bad that the seams that should be on the sides of the pant leg are pretty much directly in the front and back. Has this ever happened to any of you? Is there any way to fix this with another soak?

embrace the leg twist

shaftoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fiddy
501stf.jpg

Fiddy, are those the Yuketen dirty bucks?
inlove.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by contactdo
For example, my bathtub doesn't have a stopper. Plus it was dirty. LOL. And I don't think a regular bathroom sink is deep enough. Atleast mine isn't.

Ah. I just used the kitchen sink. Plenty deep.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here's mine soaked once, worn about 3 months. Size 29 (Im a true 30)

levis3.jpg

5012.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Good fit, u/w! I think I tend to wear mine just slightly looser in the waist than you guys. Otherwise I feel kind of crotch-choked.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

my gray pair did this, bothered me a bit, but i dont really mind anymore. after it happened, i checked all my other levi's pants, and they all have some leg twist to some extent. maybe its just in the cut of the pants?

Marslyr

Reaction score

Where did you found a pair of the khaki stfs? I've been looking for a pair for quite some time now.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
my gray pair did this, bothered me a bit, but i dont really mind anymore. after it happened, i checked all my other levi's pants, and they all have some leg twist to some extent. maybe its just in the cut of the pants?

they twist because they are unsanforized. The twist is part of the appeal of STF. Elvis' had the twist and now you can too!

Read this:
http://www.trynka.net/Site/501 FAQ.html

gdc_2008

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wcarson89
has anyone seen the midnight in person?

I bought a pair of 32x36...usually a 32x32. I thought 32x33 would be fine...I've soaked them twice now, and then threw them in the dryer even because they only shrank 2" in the inseam. Now I guess I have to get the hemmed. They look pretty nice.

wcarson89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by underwearer
they twist because they are unsanforized. The twist is part of the appeal of STF. Elvis' had the twist and now you can too!

Read this:
http://www.trynka.net/Site/501 FAQ.html

great link

Originally Posted by gdc_2008
I bought a pair of 32x36...usually a 32x32. I thought 32x33 would be fine...I've soaked them twice now, and then threw them in the dryer even because they only shrank 2" in the inseam. Now I guess I have to get the hemmed. They look pretty nice.

do you mind posting pics of your midnight 501s?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads