• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis 501 new fit

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eczerwonka
Will measure and post when I get home.
Is there any distressing at all or are they clean (there doesn't appear to be from the site pictures but I don't trust them)? Thanks again.

Leo

Reaction score
Here's the same 501 Knight that I purchased in November 2009. I bought these in my true size, and after one warm soak I got a good fit. Have been wearing them since, and today washed for the first time (quick hand wash, turned inside out, air dry).

501knightprewash.jpg

501knightafterwash.jpg

eczerwonka

Reaction score
No distressing at all. They look and feel as raw as STFs except I like this color over the STF color as these are Much darker.

I ordered 33x34

They actually measure 34x33.5
frown.gif

I was hoping the size would fudge the other way.

SC Widders

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chentwoten
Pics of the khaki 501stfs
IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

Are they a boot cut fit or standard? How's the wear been on these jeans, because the last Levi's I purchased began to fade after the first wash.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eczerwonka
No distressing at all. They look and feel as raw as STFs except I like this color over the STF color as these are Much darker.

I ordered 33x34

They actually measure 34x33.5
frown.gif

I was hoping the size would fudge the other way.

Cool, thanks. Just wanted to make sure they were standard 1" bigger than tagged in the waist.

sayocean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
I was just looking at these - they aren't STF. You can get 40% off regular price coupon on one of the coupon sites that should work.

was at the Chicago michigan ave store and saw a stack of STF selvage 501s and was told that they just got those in. Certainly different shade than the standard stf and had the selvage line AND the flasher said "Shrink To Fit"

eczerwonka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sayocean
was at the Chicago michigan ave store and saw a stack of STF selvage 501s and was told that they just got those in. Certainly different shade than the standard stf and had the selvage line AND the flasher said "Shrink To Fit"
I soaked mine right after work and yep these were actually STFs. The tag says it actually but I yanked them off without even looking since the email said they had been "washed". Damnit. Post cold soak size is 32x32.5 Front rise is 11.5 Back rise is 15.5 After a couple days of wear the waist is back to 33.5.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have no clue about those jeans i just bought 2 sizes of em

i dont really care if they suck since its easy to return **** @ levis if i change my mind

dont be scared

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks for making the 40% off coupon public knowledge. Plan on picking up a pair of the "Not STF, but really they are" Rigid Selvage 501's.

Guyute

Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Just wanted to say thanks for making the 40% off coupon public knowledge. Plan on picking up a pair of the "Not STF, but really they are" Rigid Selvage 501's.

Which ones are these exactly again? link to order form?

I ordered the matchstick selvedge...will try to post pics when the come

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got these in..will take measurements tomorrow

things i dont like:
zipper fly, somewhat lower rise and ass fit could be better...

prob due to pocket size and placement..but def worth the 78.00 i paid for them

211qd0k.jpg

20ra7wp.jpg

i wear a 28 in apc ns and these are 31x34

[see prev post for which jeans]

Guyute

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
just got these in..will take measurements tomorrow

things i dont like:
zipper fly, somewhat lower rise and ass fit could be better...

prob due to pocket size and placement..but def worth the 78.00 i paid for them

211qd0k.jpg

20ra7wp.jpg

i wear a 28 in apc ns and these are 31x34

[see prev post for which jeans]

I just got mine in too. I'm disgusted by the PAINTED ON back pocket stitching...wtf?? I haven't even tried these on yet.

Worth noting that the 'RIGID' tag says these may shrink with wash... but I am seriously put off by the painted "stitching" as if this was some child's replica sports jersey from Modell's

The sad thing Is I do kind of like the fit and the denim seems very nice.... I wonder if I could have a tailor stitch over the paint???

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i agree about the painted on stitching..im not a fan of arcs so i planned on using a seamripper to remove the levis arcs once i got my jeans...until i found out they were painted on

since i barely paid anything for these jeans, im just going to stick it out

i'll figure out a way to cleanly remove the arcs sooner or later

enarchay

Reaction score
Couple of questions...

In regards to the 501, I notice that in certain pictures, it looks like the hem width looks pretty wide, whereas in others it is slimmer. I prefer the hem width to be on the slimmer side so the jeans don't go past my shoes. In the pictures where they look slimmer, did the users have them tapered? Or do the hems get wider as the size goes up or something?

How much does it usually cost to have the pants tapered if they are really wide?

And, finally, how much do Levis 501s tend to stretch out after the initial wash, and once they've stretched, can they be shrunk down again without affecting the break-in period? I bought a pair of 501s in my usual size, and they fit perfect after having gotten in the tub with them, but I'm worried that they will become too loose over time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads