1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Levis 501 new fit

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by intelintel37, Nov 19, 2008.

1. bob99

bob99 Senior member

I just bought a pair of these on Saturday - they're the indigo XX shrink to fit, the new style, with a Made in Mexico tag on them.

I bought them true to size (33x34) and I've decided against shrinking them at all. I'm just going to wear them and see how they fade over the next few months.

2. obeserabbit

obeserabbit Senior member

so youre never going to wash them?

3. moosy

moosy Senior member

I just bought a pair of these on Saturday - they're the indigo XX shrink to fit, the new style, with a Made in Mexico tag on them.

I bought them true to size (33x34) and I've decided against shrinking them at all. I'm just going to wear them and see how they fade over the next few months.

You do realize that you will create fades and the day you do wash them (and this day will come) they will all move as the denim will shrink.

4. yerfdog

yerfdog Senior member

Actually, I lied. Those are black prewashed 501's, not the STF. [​IMG]

I didn't really like the color of the black STF's as much, I wanted more of a flat black. The black STF's are pretty grainy.

the black STF's aren't overdyed?

5. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

the black STF's aren't overdyed?

They have a white weft, so no, they are def. not overdyed.

6. mtgguy777

mtgguy777 Well-Known Member

If you're worried about them shrinking to much, just sit in them while you soak. I bought true to size also and soaked them normally and now they fit great. If you don't soak them in the beginning, your first wash is gonna mess up all of your fades.

7. FocusKey

FocusKey Member

How much do the STF shrink in length? Do I need to purchase a size bigger or is it already taken into account?

8. blackdarkeye

blackdarkeye Senior member

^ 3 inches, and yes you have to buy a bigger size. for example if you are a sz 31 get a labled 34

9. Wheeler

Wheeler Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about my true size - it's probably between 31-32. I got my 514 tumbled rigids in 30 and they stretched to a perfect fit. My 514 cords I got in a 31 and they're still a bit tight. What should I go for in 501XX?

10. blackdarkeye

blackdarkeye Senior member

its better to always go on the lower side with these jeans because they stretch so much, i would get a 31.

11. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

just bought a pair of stf's and jumped into the bathtub with them for an hour for a hot soak. they did a really good job redefining this fit.

12. Trevell

Trevell Member

Here are my fit pics for the new cut 501's after wearing them raw for a week and then one warm bath tub soak.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They're 31-32. I probably could have squeezed down to a 30 for a slimmer fit, as these do tend to stretch out a bit in the waist. I'm a little worried about the length, as I normally wear a 30/31 inseam, but so far they've only lost at the most maybe an inch. The day after I took these pics, my '47 selvage 501's arrived, so these have been hanging in my closet since. The '47's are the perfect fit by the way.

13. sayocean

sayocean Senior member

^ Great fit buddy. Was an awesome day out so I decided to snap some shots of my contest pairs. 52 days of wear since Jan 1. Color representation is pretty accurate. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

those are looking really good ocean.

15. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

what's the difference between the denim used for LVC 47 and 501 STF?
    and also, is the denim of 501 STF the same as regualr 501?

16. farfisa23

farfisa23 Senior member

its better to always go on the lower side with these jeans because they stretch so much, i would get a 31.

Do they stretch like APCs stretch? I wear 34s in the NS, what size 501s should I buy?

17. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ Nothing stretches like APCs. And we can't really give you advice relative to your APC size without knowing how much you sized down. What's your true waist?

18. obeserabbit

obeserabbit Senior member

i was at sears today and saw a few pairs..one had the "501" white tag on the inside and the back patch said "501", while another pair had no white tag, but said "501xx" on the back. was the second pair the old cut, while the first pair was the new cut?

19. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

"XX" is the designation for shrink-to-fit. So, probably the old cut in STF.