• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Levis 501 new fit

Robert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1 hot soak. 7 days wear.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI be carefull with these even though they don't use great dye or a lot of it even after a good hot soak Im getting indigo on my suede Clarks.

Robert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, already have, & I think it's kinda cool. I'm getting a lot of dye on the book in the back pocket, too.

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score
How much would you recommend sizing down on the pre-washed levis? i've heard that can stretch quite a bit

Robert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prewashed?! None.

opmsm0k3r

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marslyr
Where did you found a pair of the khaki stfs? I've been looking for a pair for quite some time now.

Amazon had a bunch on sale for $24.99 about a week ago. Don't know what sizes are left.

Sized down 1(29) on my order since the TTS(30) I got were somewhat loose pre-soak. I'm assuming the khaki's will shrink the same amount, but was wondering if anyone knows about the lose of dye is as extreme as the indigo's in warm water.

Marslyr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by opmsm0k3r
Amazon had a bunch on sale for $24.99 about a week ago. Don't know what sizes are left.

Sized down 1(29) on my order since the TTS(30) I got were somewhat loose pre-soak. I'm assuming the khaki's will shrink the same amount, but was wondering if anyone knows about the lose of dye is as extreme as the indigo's in warm water.

None in my size, drats!
Thanks though.

Fiddy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
New ones?

Yeah, I ordered 31x34's and 30x34's for different fits. Just soaked the 30x34's...

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Macy's near me has khaki STFs, as well as brown, greencast, indigo, light blue, and purple. They were all on sale for $34.99 a week ago. Hope that helps.

Robert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Yeah, I ordered 31x34's and 30x34's for different fits. Just soaked the 30x34's...

I'm doing something similar. Got a 1-inch size up in the waist to see how a different fit turns out.

Fiddy

Reaction score
Fit pics of the 30x34's. I sized down 2 for this fit...

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats how mine fit more or less. I sized down 1, Im gonna size down 2 if I can find a 28 pair. My Macys only carries 30s, Ive seen 28s on Levis.com once I think. TTS these fit me really baggy/boxy.

These stretch as much as APC do so sizing down isn't a problem as long as your thighs are not big.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's