Levis 501 new fit

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by intelintel37, Nov 19, 2008.

1. sayocean

sayocean Senior member

2. changed

changed Senior member

3. changed

changed Senior member

thanks for the help anyway... will be shopping these bitches tomorrow morning when I can accurately type my credit card #

4. sayocean

sayocean Senior member

waiting til you sober up is a good plan. good luck anyway, you should actually hit up Macys so you can try these on before you buy

5. changed

changed Senior member

ahh Macys has them? going to the outlet mall tomorrow to get a few essentials... Will check out.

6. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

ahh Macys has them? going to the outlet mall tomorrow to get a few essentials... Will check out.
    A. Macy's has outlets in outlet malls? If they do I wouldn't hold my breath for them to stock STF. 2. Not all REGULAR Macy's have STF. III. Sears has them.

7. allcapitan

allcapitan Senior member

Actually Levi's claims the inseam will shrink 3 to 4". In my experience, the inseam will not shrink that much after a first hot soak. 2" is more likely. If you wash it ten more times then yeah, perhaps it will shrink a bit more.

Levis standard advice on 501 STF ($35-45 STF, NOT LVC mind you) is size up 1 in the waist and 2 in the inseam.

I have 2 pair of 501 STF and I am the same size and height as you and my advice would be do a 32 waist if you want them just slightly slimmer than a 501.

Inseam is your call. If you want stacking or to cuff them, go up 3-4 inches in the inseam. If not, go up the standard 2 inches.

I wear them stacked and I get a 32/34 in STF and a 33/34 in LVC STF. My "Normal" size on jeans with little to no stacking is a 32/30.

8. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

Actually Levi's claims the inseam will shrink 3 to 4". In my experience, the inseam will not shrink that much after a first hot soak. 2" is more likely. If you wash it ten more times then yeah, perhaps it will shrink a bit more.
    Regular Levi's STF LABELS say 2" for waists under "beached whale" size and 3" inseam My first pair shrunk 1.5 inches with a 2 hour HOT soak. My current pair shrunk a hair more with 1.5 hour soak, hang dry and additional .5 soak. 2 Inches is about as much as you are going to get.

9. migel

migel Active Member

Say I hot soaked my 501s for about an hour and they didn't shrink as much as I would have liked. (Waist fits fine.) Can I hot soak them bitches for another hour and get any more shrinkage? Or is this an exercise in futility?

10. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ Won't shrink much more.

11. migel

migel Active Member

^That's what I figured. Thanks.

12. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

^That's what I figured. Thanks.
    I got a 1/4" in the inseam and slimmed up the leg slightly with my second soak on my current pair. It's a noticeable difference. If your water heater can't go hot enough boil a large pot and add it to your water.

13. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I got STF 501s recently for $30 USD and I like them. I'm wondering if I will soak them right off the bat like I had always intended since I like the fit as is so much. Anyone else a little apprehensive?

14. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ You're supposed to soak them first. If you like the fit right now, you got the wrong size.

15. IamAllen

IamAllen Member

^^i was in the same boat. what i did was just sit in a bathtub full of hot water for an hour or so...then i took em off and hung them out to dry. they fit fine